Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:44:14 AM EDT
I am installing the barrel on my AR and this is the moly grease I found for the barrel nut threads.  I got it from walmart, and it has the brand name "Super Tech" and is labeled "Moly-Lithium Grease".  It doesn't say anything about containing graphite on the container, but its dark grey in color so I want to make sure it doesn't contain any.

Anyone know whats in it?

oops, nevermind  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have a tub of it in my garage and was considering using it for my barrel nut before I saw the advice about Graphite.  A lot of Moly Greases have Graphite as well.  So far, most of the ones I've seen, list Graphite at least in the fine print along with the Moly as a additive that makes its a better grease.  SO READ THOSE LABELS CLOSELY.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a tube I grabbed at wally world and I don't see anything about graphite...

does Super Tech Multi-Duty Complex Hitemp Grease have graphite?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top