Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:46:45 PM EDT
I just bought a Magpul CTR stock, and the stock doesn't want to lock in the fully collapsed position.  I have to hit the back of the stock real hard with my hand to get it to  lock into that hole.  The pulling the stock back out of the 1st hole to is difficult.  It only seems to be on this 1st hole in the  fully collapsed position.  The other holes are smooth.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
LWRC uses milspec buffer tubes.

I had the same problem with a CTR stock.  The buffer tube would hit the butt pad before the stock fully closed.  My solution was to grind a recess into the butt pad where the buffer tube was hitting it.  It's a bit thin at that point but hasn't been a problem so far.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top