Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT
I'm wanting a chromed lined 1in 7 HBAR and it looks like Colt is my only choice. I went to their website and I did'nt see any. Do you know if they still sale this? Can I just get an upper from them? I don't care for out of spec trigger pins. TIA
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I do think it is offered in the Match Target series, but you would have to find a dealer who had one in stock.  Rumor has it that Colt has not produced a single Match Target since the AWB's demise due to military contracts and demand on the LEO rifles.   It is not offered in the LEO AR-15 series, only carbines are offered at the present.  The good news is you can find them on the EE or at gunshows reasonably.  A good blue label Sporter (flash hider, but no bayonet lug) is pretty much the last 20" A2 Colt sold in semi-auto AFAIK, and near new ones can be found for less than $1K.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoplite, Inc was advertising Colt AR6600/ LE Match H-BAR and MT6601 Match Target H-BAR 1/7 twist 20" A2 receiver. They also sell just the uppers.

If I recall correctly the current Colt Match Targets are not chrome lined barrel. You could ask them to be sure.

They don't have a website, their phone # (502) 955-5014 (8 am to 5 pm EST) and address is P.O. Box 6599, Shepherdsville, KY 40165.

Also CDNN Sports are advertising they have Colt rifles available, call for stock info phone # 1-800-588-9500.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
CDNN had some a while back. They were attached to A2 uppers though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies! I'll give Hoplite and CDNN a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
my colt hbar was only chrome chambered, as far as know the only hbar they make is just chrome chamber not bore
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm wanting a chromed lined 1in 7 HBAR and it looks like Colt is my only choice. I went to their website and I did'nt see any. Do you know if they still sale this? Can I just get an upper from them? I don't care for out of spec trigger pins. TIA

www.coltsmfg.com  www.colt.com

www.sawlesales.com  offers 20inch barrels  chrome lined    you can build your own or have them build you an upper  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

hopelite in shotgun news has  brand new  removable handle  20 inch uppers complete 1/7 twist but not heavy barrel  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.coltsmfg.com  www.colt.com

www.sawlesales.com  offers 20inch barrels  chrome lined    you can build your own or have them build you an upper  

You are he MAN!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hopelite in shotgun news has  brand new  removable handle  20 inch uppers complete 1/7 twist but not heavy barrel  

If that is the 20" 1/7 twist with the government profile..............thats THE one I would want.

and You will not find barrels on Colts web page. Bushmaster Armalite, and RRA are the only ones (of the BIG 4) that have a real full-line product offering.

The fine folks at sawlesales.com informed me a couple of months ago, that they were going to offer the Colt A3 upper, govt. profile, 1/7, chrome/chrome, "in the fall" (this year).

If so, it will be the icing on my USMC A4gery tribute rig.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top