Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:53:57 AM EDT
I have a 16" ak carbine with an A2 upper. I am building a 20" A2 service rifle and was considering buying another A3 upper and swapping it out with my current upper as I would'nt mind the flexibility of having a detachable carry handle. I ask because I don't quite understand the "F" FSB thing. I also have a Bushy A3 and it does not have the "F" marking.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, I realize the "F" is a taller sight base, I just have not seen one with my Bushy's
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK, Bushmaster use the same FSB on both A2 and A3. that's because they use different/comercial carry handles than Colt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just they cannot drill the holes for the taper pins straight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushy sells taller posts for A3's.  They're like $5.  Those posts are stock width though, around .070.  Most match sight widths are .052 or .062.  John Holliger from White Oak Precision/White Oak Armament does some mods on detachable carry handles to use for HP competition.  Get with him to see what front sight post adjustments, if any, need to be made with his DCH rears.  Otherwise just stick with your original plan and swap uppers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, it sound like doing this will not render my rifles as useless. Thats what I wanted to know. Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top