BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:07:00 PM EDT
If so what lower are you using with it?
and how is the fit?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run mine on a Doublestar and Bushmaster lower.  On the Doublestar there is no play.  With the Bushmaster there is a slight bit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have my middy on a Spikes lower, and have thrown it on my Stag lower for shits-n-giggles.  There was only minimal play in both.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If so what lower are you using with it?
and how is the fit?

Your thread from y'day.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah i know it is kind of like the other one, but i wanted to see if i got different answers in this room.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yeah i know it is kind of like the other one, but i wanted to see if i got different answers in this room.

Most receivers of the same or various makes can & will vary with regard to fit & finish so there's not much folks on the Internet can do to ease your mind. You'll never know until you buy & mate any two receivers to see how well they fit in front of your own eyes hardcharger. It really is hard to say Brand X's receiver will fit & match with a receiver from Brand Z. I only know with certainty that receivers from RRA are very tight & that's 99% accurate without even holding one. Just experiment & see what you come up with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm running a Charles Daly Defense lower that has a lot of play in it, even with an accuwedge.If I put my ADS lower on my BCM Middy it is tight and nice.here's the kicker though, If I use my CD lower on my ADS upper it is nice and tight as well.I guess it's very hit and miss on the upper and lower matches.I 've seen  several other boards where guys are having luck with LMT lowers.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
cjd i like your set up man
thats pretty much what mine is going to look like except i have the mega lower but the magpul ctr and regular handguards are the same..  also looks like you have the MIAD grips.  those are nice.  very nice
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I run one on a LMT lower and have no issue with U/L fit.
I have another on order and it will go on a Colt lower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
My BCM upper fits just fine on my Cav Arms MK2 and my LMT.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
If you focus on the target and your trigger press, then minutia like Upper/Lower fit and finish just seem to magically disappear...
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you focus on the target and your trigger press, then minutia like Upper/Lower fit and finish just seem to magically disappear...

this is true.  so so true.  still though there is something in me when putting the lower to the upper that just says, tighter,it can be tighter.  i will not even comment on matching colors cause that is harder to do than get a good fit.  I guess this is one of the joys of building "mutt" ar15s.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top