Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 6:49:10 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a fake can, but I have a preban upper w/flash hider. I took the flash hider off, but i need a thread protector for the exposed threads. Does anyone make these? What is the thread pattern of a Bushmaster upper? 1/2x28tpi?

let me know if any of you have any info on this please!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhh...Use the flashider. Screw it on finger tight.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
umm....  the FAKE CAN slips over the end of the barrel.  It can't have the flash hider on because it's too big.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You're needing a thread protector for when the can is not on it right?

If the can is not on it you CAN use a flash hider as a thread protector, then remove it when you want to install the can.

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
crap...

i need a thread protector WHILE the can is on.  i need to find out how to post pics here....  

here's a link to the fake can i'm talking about: www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23566407
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What are you protecting the threads FROM????
I'm not getting it.   Wind some teflon pipe tape on it perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
there will be a nice big gap all the way around the end of the barrel and the inside of the fake can.  i don't want to see that...  he
is the thread pattern 1/2x28tpi?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Engineer,

you sir are a great person!!!  Thank you for the help!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top