BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:21:15 PM EDT
Do they?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure but they look similar. I have a CZ and was wondering the same thing. I might hve to get a DPMS mag and try it
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
the DPMS mags have the ejector built into the top of the mag. you may be able to modify them by cutting off the ejector if the other critical dimensions line up. IIRC ciener mags can be slightly modified to work with the CZ.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
In what way would the Cieners need to be modified? Any info or pics available anywhere?

Quoted:
the DPMS mags have the ejector built into the top of the mag. you may be able to modify them by cutting off the ejector if the other critical dimensions line up. IIRC ciener mags can be slightly modified to work with the CZ.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i have seen it posted here a couple of times.  IIRC you have to open the notch in the rear of the mag a bit to to allow the bolt to pass cleanly.  sorry i don't have the link.  maybe someone with search ability can find it for you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted in one of the Ciener threads.  Try a search for "Essayons" with the "reply author" box checked.  If that doesn't work, search the archives.  It's out there.

Basically, you need to open up the gap between the lips so the bolt will clear as noted above.  You also need to "tap" or "bash" the back of the lips forward until the bolt no longer hits them (or extend the cuts in the bottom of the bolt to provide clearance).

I wish I'd just bought DPMS in the first place, but I wanted the high-cap mag option the Ciener mod provided.  It can be difficult-to-impossible to get CZ V22 parts.  First I tried to get parts through my vendor.  They referred me to Adco Sales (NOT ADCO Firearms).  Adco sales referred me to CZ Strojirna (NOT CZUB/CZ-USA) and they have never responded.  I know at least one member has scored spare parts, but so far I haven't.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top