Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 3:18:22 PM EDT
I know RRA is top quality for the price, but do they really that good and worth the wait. They offer limited life time warranty and 1MOA spec, but that is a long wait. Or, I better off just buy a Stag or Double Star?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:19:30 PM EDT
It was worth the wait for me (and the price). I'm happy with my RRA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:34:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 3:35:16 PM EDT by chris157c]
Why not just order one from an online dealer, that way you don't have to wait so long. It will still have the warranty, and you can have one in less than a week.

Check out Eagle Firearms

ETA: Of course you will need to send them an FFL if they don't have one on file from your area.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:28:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chris157c:
Why not just order one from an online dealer, that way you don't have to wait so long. It will still have the warranty, and you can have one in less than a week.

Check out Eagle Firearms

ETA: Of course you will need to send them an FFL if they don't have one on file from your area.

+1 Why wait?

+1 Eagle Firearms. They'll beat any(?) price and are great to deal with.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:29:40 PM EDT
I ordered mine through RB Precision. I had it in less than 3 weeks... I also bought an A.R.M.S. rail system through them to be put on it. The lady at RB Precision said that RRA usually gets the rifles done quicker if they have extra stuff to put on it. (I'm assuming that is because they don't want the parts kicking around) I was very happy with both them and the rifle!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:36:02 PM EDT
I ordered mine right after the ban, and it was worth every minute and penny. I had the Tac Entry with m4 bbl. A great gun, never had 1 malf and very accurate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:44:58 PM EDT
Where in OH are you?
BBC Weapons Armory has a bunch of them. Frank and Karen are great people to do business with. Got all of mine from them. You can find their info on RRA's website. They go to alot of the shows. Give them a call.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:53:15 PM EDT

I ordered mine right after the ban, and it was worth every minute and penny. I had the Tac Entry with m4 bbl. A great gun, never had 1 malf and very accurate.

Which barrel and how accurate?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:55:05 PM EDT
Buy a Bushmaster today, and in eight weeks you can buy the RRA.

You can Never have too many!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:55:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Seydou:

Originally Posted By chris157c:

Check out Eagle Firearms

+1 Why wait?

+1 Eagle Firearms. They'll beat any(?) price and are great to deal with.

Seydou

+2 on eagle, i got mine from them....absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:59:29 PM EDT
RRA is really top quality stuff, and their prices help make waiting easier. But as several people have said, why wait? There are a bunch of dealers who are members of ARF.com who will "do right by you" in terms of price and service. Check 'em out!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT
Got mine from Pete at Legal-Transfers here on the EE. Great guy, great prices, outstanding rifle. Standard A2 20"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:40:30 PM EDT
IMO, after firing a RRA or two, and comparing that to say a Stag, and the RRA wasn't in stock, and the Stag was... I wouldn't wait, I'd purchase the Stag. Thats because I can't find any percievable differences in the two. Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:00:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Badkennedy:
Got mine from Pete at Legal-Transfers here on the EE. Great guy, great prices, outstanding rifle. Standard A2 20"

+1

Pete hooked me up with an 20" A4 for practically no wait, and for cheaper than RRA list their own gear.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:04:42 AM EDT
It you're not losing anything with the wait... and you don't need the upper, I would probably wait . Actually... I just placed an order with Pete@LegalTransfer. 6 weeks... not a big deal, not going to use the upper anytime soon.

~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:16:02 AM EDT
Worth the wait? Yes

Do you have to wait? No

Shop around. I can find RRA on a regular basis now. It's calmed down a lot since the feeding frenzy. They sell out really quick though, so if you see what you want, dont delay
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:16:23 PM EDT
I ordered my lower from Eagle. It shipped right away. I ordered my entry tactical upper from RRA. They quoted 6-8 weeks but I received it in 2.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:32:13 PM EDT
Rock River is well worth the wait, but

<­BR>

Rock Riveer is worth the wait, I talked to three dealers I work with today, most agreed that they were being told 6 to8 weeks but were receiveing orders in about 2-weeks
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:50:53 PM EDT
I am in the same situation. I want to buy a RRA Car A4 with the chrome lined barrel and mid length handguard but the wait is a killer. After reading some comments on RRA quality I think I will stick it out there and wait the 6-8 weeks. I have a RRA lower and love it and would like to stick with a complete RRA AR.

Good luck!

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:35:12 PM EDT
I know I'm beating the same drum here, but yes they are worth the wait, but why do that. I ordered my RRA Tactical UTE 2 from eaglefirearms.net and got it in less than a week, at the best price i could find anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 6:47:43 PM EDT by xjedix]
Yeah contact eaglefirearms.net, they have the Car A4 mid length's in stock now. Chris is excellent to work with and has great prices.

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:01:33 PM EDT
a lot of the industry is backordered - RRA is good stuff - if you can get something sooner, and it fits your needs - cool. My view is that anything worth having is worth the wait
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:28:16 PM EDT
still waiting for my here.. heh
Top Top