Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:03 PM EDT
That sound bugs the hell out of me.....

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:47:11 PM EDT
Blasphemy!
It's one of the sounds of freedom
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:22 PM EDT
yes, it does.

but if you shoot the rifle a lot it goes away as well. at least i dont hear it anymore
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:03:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
yes, it does.

but if you shoot the rifle a lot it goes away as well. at least i dont hear it anymore

I shoot my ARs plenty, but I shoot my AUG more I just replaced the SPROING with crazy muzzleblast....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:57:34 PM EDT
No need to get a new spring. A very very light coat of grease on the spring will eliminate it also. I'm talking really really light. I've done this with my M4 for a long time and had no problems at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:49:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JoshD:
No need to get a new spring. A very very light coat of grease on the spring will eliminate it also. I'm talking really really light. I've done this with my M4 for a long time and had no problems at all.

this attracts dirt and what not and makes for a mess to clean, tried it once and it just gets nasty with all the shooting i do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:23:16 AM EDT
The MGI spring does eliminate the biong sound. It also helps cycle the next round into battery with much more confidence. Worth every penny. Same goes for their RRBuffer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:48:23 AM EDT
I haven't noticed the sproing in years I think I'm going deaf though....slowly
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:24:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:

Originally Posted By JoshD:

this attracts dirt and what not and makes for a mess to clean, tried it once and it just gets nasty with all the shooting i do.

I gone thousands of rounds between cleanings with a light coat of Tetra grease to see if the fouling that would mix with the grease had any negative effect. It did not. The grease just turned grey and never got thick, dried out, caked up or anything. So it never really needs to be cleaned IMO and will run just fine. That is not an area where carbon is a problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:00:47 PM EDT
well i usually shoot my rifle on a piece of land and dirt gets everywhere and it finds its way to the grease.

i guess if all you are doing is bech shooting the grease will work fine.
Top Top