Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2003 6:11:01 AM EDT
I bought a lower a while back and have been saving to buy an upper. I had originally intended to get a RRA Varmint upper with 20" barrell. My proposed usage is coyotes aand paper punching. I would really like a gun that shoots 1/2" MOA. Will a regular HBAR weight barrel give that kind of accuracy, or am I forced into the heavier weight Varmint barrel to achieve this kind of accuracy??  I'd particularly like to hear back from guys with RRA uppers. Thanks.

bowhuntr
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I took a bushie with a 20" barrel down to the range last weekend and shot 1.5" groups with the typical 55gr surplus stuff on a VERY windy day with a poor rest.  I was extremely pleased, but it is just an example of what these rifles are capable of.  I am a Rock River fan as well, and am sure it would be similar.  I am going to try some of the Black Hills stuff today and see how it will group.  

The barrel on mine isn't free floated either.  

Again, it is amazing to me what these little guys can do.  I would really like to see what someone who knows how to shoot could pull off [:D]

Doc
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an Eagle lower with J&T's 20" Hbar flat top.  I also have the freefloat handguard.  It shoots a consistent .35" five shot group at 100 yards from a bench, with BH 50gr VMax.  Good enough for me - and the coyotes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Consistent, like in any time /all the time/ every time/.35 groups!!!   Dang!!! Wheres that BS icon when you need it??? And with 'box' loads, not reloads tailored for that gun!! Imagine what it could do with a developed load fitted to that chamber. Maybe that was just a typo with the decimal in the wrong place? 3.5" I would believe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a group that resembled a smiley face at 100 yds my first time out with a Bushmaster Varminter 24" but not on purpose of course, after I got my scope sighted in I shot a group that resemble Mother Theresa's profile and I took that as a omen and went home.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top