Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:48:25 PM EDT
I was shooting a local match last weekend.  For some reason, I shot very poorly.  Last time I shot in the top ten at the long range course.

Today I found my bullets were tumbling at the 25 yard line. What gives!

Less than 15K rounds and I need a new barrel?

Rock River mid-length, 1:9 twist, 55 gr Wolf.

Maybe I should buy a Colt?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
So it got that bad from one shoot to the next?  Not progressively worse?

I thought 15k was pretty high, especially through a non-chrome barrel... though, I've yet to make it past my first case of XM193.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Spam, that's why we all preach chrome lining so much.  Don't buy a new upper, though.  Call Denny and get him to send you one of his Operator 1:7 twist midlength barrels.  Or you could probably send him your upper and he could swap the barrel for you.  BTW, 55 grain will be fine in a 1:7 twist...just don't go ligher than that.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So it got that bad from one shoot to the next?  Not progressively worse?

I thought 15k was pretty high, especially through a non-chrome barrel... though, I've yet to make it past my first case of XM193.

I noticed a lot of rounds hitting the paper sideways after the rifle was very hot.  Seemed to get progressively worse based on temperature.

Denny?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry, go herewww.globaltactical.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top