Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:59:45 PM EDT
I currently playing with the idea of adding a free-float handguard to my Colt  LE6920 wit the factory 16" barrel.  I can't decide if I want to go with the LaRue 7.0 and keep the factory front sight or go with the LaRue 9.0, LaRue low profile gas block and Troy flip up battle sight.  Without factoring in the price difference which way would you go?  Pics of either setup would be appreciated.

Kevin
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I currently playing with the idea of adding a free-float handguard to my Colt  LE6920 wit the factory 16" barrel.  I can't decide if I want to go with the LaRue 7.0 and keep the factory front sight or go with the LaRue 9.0, LaRue low profile gas block and Troy flip up battle sight.  Without factoring in the price difference which way would you go?  Pics of either setup would be appreciated.

Kevin

Well, that's the fad, it looks cool.

Ask yourself these questions.

Do you really need the extra rail space?

Do you really need a flip-up front sight?

Can you live with the extra weight?

Can you afford the extra cost?

Do you need it to be a little easier to remove the handguard tube?

I stick with the regular sights mainy for the weight savings, and I don't really need a Flip up front.
But I do think the extended HGs look good.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
the std. fsb would be a stronger set up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The full rail looks cool, do you need any other reason?

Keep the fixed front sight.  It saves weight and alot of money. Also getting the rail perfectly square
is a pain.. It has to be for the bolt on front sight to be lined up properly with the rear sight.

Unless you use a telescope the front sight should be in the fixed up position all the time.
That means with a red dot keep the sight up.

Did I say the long rail looks cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top