Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 2:15:13 PM EDT
i have be trying to build a collection that will cover everything out to 750 meters, i think i just about got what i need. i am going to upgrade the components on the ARs when i get the money. lets me know what you guys think. thanks

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
For what it,s worth in my opino (you got it covered realll good)
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am assuming your 700 is a .308.  I think what you've got would do nicely.

If I was doing it, and this is just personal preference, I would have gone this way:

M4(gery)with good optic like an Aimpoint, easily effective in the 0-300 range.

20" AR10A4 with good moderate power scope, say a Leupold M1 in 3.5 - 10x.  Easily effective to the full range you are targeting.

Remington 700 type in a magnum load - 338, one of the 'win mags', etc.  Just a little more serious knock-down power for the situations where the bolt gun would actually be employed.

Also, not shown here, get yourself a good 12 gauge and a solid .45 (Sig/HK/1911/etc.) to round out the collection for maximum versatility.

Again, these are just my opinions, take it for what its worth![:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
 Nice stuff!
 I think you have everything covered without the 20in. in the center.
 I have about the same setup but I'm selling my 20in. and my 700, Hopeing to replace them with an AR-10
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
i didnt really know about the AR10 before i bought my pss, or i would have went that way.
i do have a nice 18" rem 870 also, and a sig 220 and 229 to round out the whole shabang.
i took a buck at about 400 meters(laser range finder) with my pss last year, resting on a stump. i might sell my pss eventually for a AR10 but i sure do like the pss. are the AR10s as accurate?
im definetly going to upgrade to a aimpoint on the 16" and a trijicon on the 20" when i get the money. thanks for your replies
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Great looking arsenal gootmatcher. The AR setups are very similar to mine. The next long gun I plan to ad is a Savage 10FP-LE1 20" 7.62x51mm with their new Accu-trigger.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I would get rid of the POS M4. and put an aimpoint on the 20"er and a FSB. 18" barreled 870 would replace the joke carbine. To me, carbine is english for inutil.
GG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top