Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:07:09 PM EDT
Ok im kinda new to AR's, but surfed arfcome for many months, and ive come to the conclusion, that i want either a bushmaster dissy or a bushy patrolmans carbine.  I like the dissys bc they look sick ass hell when they have a rail system on em, but i hate how they look without one.  But i like the look of the patrolmans carbine. K.I.S.S.  Can some one post a few pics of both and try to stop me from getting one of those evil black rifles.   (My gram hates AR-15s, Her famous saying,     "What the hell do you need one of them assault weapons for?  Just get another 30-30"

Im lookin for some pics of some bushy dissy's and some bushy patrolmans carbines, can some one help me?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you plan to use iron sights, choose a dissy. If you are going primarily with optics, then choose the M4. Actually, better than both is a midlength... smoother and more reliable. My 2cents worth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
mid length is 16in bbl right? the patrolmans carbine i think is 16in bbl but idk, and sry for typing m4, couldnt think of anything else.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I vote patrolman. Heres mine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
is the FS removable on the patrolman?  this is a key factor for me.  I plan on gettin one of these little doohickies
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep the flash hider screws right off. You can see in the picture mine has a phantom on it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
dont u have to have a new crush washer or something like that to put the FS back on?  I dont know, i get confused reading some of the stuff on here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
mid length is 16in bbl right? the patrolmans carbine i think is 16in bbl but idk, and sry for typing m4, couldnt think of anything else.

Patrolmans Carbine, Dissipator and Midlength all (usually) have 16" barrels. The PC and Dissy have the short Carbine length gas system, which can be less reliable and rougher shooting than a midlength gas system or rifle gas system. Its all to do with the gas pressure at the gas port.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
is the FS removable on the patrolman?  this is a key factor for me.  I plan on gettin one of these little doohickies

The gas block/FSB can be removed on any of these rifles, but I would counsel against it as it can reduce reliability. The GI FSB is pinned in place and is therefore unlikely to slip, whereas most aftermarket gas blocks are just held in place with set screws, which can allow the block to slip and cause the rifle to fail.

If you absolutely must have the golf ball launcher , then ask if an adjustable gas tube, like the one from MGI, is an acceptable alternative... it is an easy mod without removing the GI FSB.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry i ment flash suppressor, actually i ment fh flash hider.  Sry
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The gas block/FSB can be removed on any of these rifles, but I would counsel against it as it can reduce reliability. The GI FSB is pinned in place and is therefore unlikely to slip, whereas most aftermarket gas blocks are just held in place with set screws, which can allow the block to slip and cause the rifle to fail.

If you absolutely must have the golf ball launcher , then ask if an adjustable gas tube, like the one from MGI, is an acceptable alternative... it is an easy mod without removing the GI FSB.

I think he means Flash Suppresor... to mount that goofey golfball thingy?

Oh, why not a midlength dissy?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I vote patrolman. Heres mine.
gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=IMG_1184_small.jpg

Nice woman's mouse pad you got for your wife and your rifle.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]
M4

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
From the Golf Ball Launcher pics, it looked like you had to replace both the Flash Hider (easy) and the gas block (much harder), presumably to avoid feeding too much gas back into the receiver. If its just a removable FH you are after, then all will be the same (so long as you order a "pre-ban/no ban" configuration, of course).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Jeez 59 bucks for a toilet paper roll taped to your muzzel? WTF
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
yea but it uses a blank to fire the golf ball, i thought blanks didnt cycle in a semi, so do u still have to replace the gas block, and back to my one question, do u have to replace the chrush washer or something like that when u go to put the FH back on??
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
MIDLENGTH
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
yea but it uses a blank to fire the golf ball, i thought blanks didnt cycle in a semi, so do u still have to replace the gas block, and back to my one question, do u have to replace the chrush washer or something like that when u go to put the FH back on??

Nope. I've removed mine numerous times and replaced it with the same crush washer and it's never come loose.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I vote for the Dissy… minus the “golf-ball launcher”:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#19]
both
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I vote for the Dissy… minus the “golf-ball launcher”:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/LaRue/PP1a.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/A3/IRON/CopyofIMG_0122.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/VAR/VAR3c.jpg

Damn thats a nice rifle  

I've always wanted a Dissy with a collapsible stock and a C-Mag.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damn thats a nice rifle  

Thanks! (FYI, I had ADCO re-contour its original HBar Dissy barrel into a "lightweight"… MUCH better!)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn thats a nice rifle  

Thanks! (FYI, I had ADCO re-contour its original HBar Dissy barrel into a "lightweight"… MUCH better!)

nice setup

my picture-fu sucked the big one when I took it...

Mongo did mine...rifle length gas system 20" Clot barrel 1/7

edited:  gubment barrel is much much lighter than my HBAR carbine
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#23]
It doesn't matter which one you buy now because you will modify the hell out of it.  They you will buy another one and modify it.  The disease gets worse and there is no cure.

Here is my Bushy M4.  Flash suppressor is getting changed next.
I already ordered a 20" upper too for my next rifle.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's different!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I love my Dissy.

Seydou

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Neither

Get a Colt 6721 !
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/VAR/VAR3c.jpg

That's different!

Yeah, it's my "good enough/gets the job done" setup for taking on the local varmint population... if I had more time/was more serious about varmint hunting I would have went with better glass, the LaRue "SPR/M4 Scope Mount" & probably the Larue "Harris Bipod Adapter"... AND if I was REALLY serious about varmint hunting I'd have just left my Dissy alone completely & put myself together a high-end, dedicated varmint rig.

I do have to say though that my varmint setup does do pretty well as-is:

I figured my Dissy would print pretty good groups @ the 100-yard mark, but never these kind of groups!  I’m sure she’ll do even BETTER with “match-grade” type ammo. (FYI, my Dissy still has its factory, standard trigger & the barrel is a chrome-lined 1/9.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top