Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 8:26:47 PM EST
If this is a topic that has been beat to death, please beat me to death for weak search fu.

what is the proper FSB for a dissipator? F marked or no F.
My receiver was a takeoff from someone else's 20" A2 so it has the rifle elevation drum (8/3), would I need to swap that to the (6/3)

Unimportant part. I have a 16" with M203 cuts that I am tired of looking at, and hate the sight radius. I have a idea for an unorthodox front sight with an HK style ring front sight, but I need to know what height to make it. Would my life be more complete if I got rid of the 16" barrel and collapsible stock all together and built an M16A2 clone? Or should I bubba a frankengun and post pictures for your pleasure?

Unimportant and irrelevant, gun smith that I traded for A2 upper said it was a Colt, how do I verify? Keyhole forge mark.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:28:18 PM EST
You answered your own question "rifle rear sight with a rifle length sight radius" Keyhole Forge Mark just means Cerro forging, has nothing to do with brand. I've seen Cerro Forges on FN, BM, RRA, Colt, etc, etc uppers. Colt uppers more times than not will have a C somewhere near the rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:43:15 PM EST
NON F for a fixed carry handle upper like the A2 you have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:38:16 AM EST
Thank you for the answers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:13:58 PM EST
an F will still work. the longer sight radius is more forgiving than a carbine setup. I have an F on my A2 dissy. rear sight is set up for RIBZ and it zeros fine.
Top Top