Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:15:15 PM EDT
I know some people have bought dissipator uppers and put the free floating railed forends on them. What kind of accuracy can you expect from say a Bushmaster Dissy upper that has been free floated?

Here is my problem, I am tossed up between buying a Bushmaster Dissy and a 16" Varmint SS bull barreled upper.  The chrome lined barrel of the dissy will last longer and hold up to a diet of faster rates of fire, but what kind of accuracy can it produce.

I would REALLY appreciate any answers to these questions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I just put a ARMS SIR system on one of my two Bushmaster dissys but I havn't had a chance to get out with it yet...

As for the accuracy you can get out of one with conventional handguards they are great...

I chose the equipment for my departments patrol rifle program and instructed at our forty hour school along with three other instructors.. I laid out with mine at 200 meters on the KD range and put approx 100 rounds over the course of a day in the X on a standard military KD target.

The gun is accurate and reliable 100% of the time. You still get the compact 16" tube that makes indoor work easier but the long sight radius of the 20" gun for mor precision at distance. I see only advantages in this setup IMO....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top