Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 5:30:09 PM EDT by passgas55]
After having no power and having a couple of lost looters a block away from my home right after the storm 2 nights later, I had the weapons but no nv . After pricing a good set up($4k) ouch, I was wondering if you took that new weaver dig nv ($200) mount it on top of my rifle and use a ir lazer with it($400). I was thinking of turning down the ir led on the weaver and having the the ir lazer turned up. I wonder how good the weaver would work with a stander lazer at night. I know that battery life is short on the weaver but I can work around that. Good idea, bad idea. Any other ideas?(I wonder if fema would buy me nv)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:31:33 PM EDT
Why not just get a powerful weapon mounted flash light that is a weapon in itself?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Duffy:
Why not just get a powerful weapon mounted flash light that is a weapon in itself?

I do plan on having one ar setup with a powerful flash light but I always wanted to play around with nv but I can't part with that kind of money. Just an idea I was thinking about. I always wanted to have one of those dig nv for use at the camp. I have a few days to think about it since I am not getting any mail or usp service yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 6:22:37 PM EDT by Duffy]
Oh ok, in that case, get both! My advise is to save your money and get a good one. $200 will get you a questionable GenI, you oughta look through one in darkness to see for yourself. The GenI I looked through was a gigantic PVS2, the image was grainy and blurry. The GenII PVS4 I had was better, but GenIII is much better still.
My PVS14/VITAL2 combo cost about 4K (and I got great deals on both), I think if I only have $400 I'd get an ACOG or ELCAN that have good light transmission/gathering instead an el cheapo NV monocular and visible laser.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:20:31 AM EDT
$1500 to $2000 will get you a GOOD used pair of PVS7.

I've done it twice, both here and Ebay-you just have to be patient and look for the right deal.

Dave
Top Top