Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:13:12 PM EDT
Hi All,

I am planning to add a single point sling adapter to my Bushie patrolman.  As I am a complete noob and have never done ANY type of mods to my rifle, could anyone suggest a source for a 'step by step' on how to do this?  I have seen the bolt -on adapters, but would prefer the type that replaces the end plate adapter. ...or should I just let a local 'smith handle it? hinking.gif  I'd love to do it myself but I certainly don't want to screw up my rifle.

Thanks in advance,
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You just have to remove the collapsible stock and switch out the endplates.  Look for one of the Lower Assembly guides in the "Information" section or the tacked thread by FALARAK in the "Build it Yourself" section and reverse the steps for stock installation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
What's wrong with the bolt-on adapters? Both of my M4's have the GG&G Agency adapters. They only take a couple of minutes to install and no downsides that I've found.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You just have to remove the collapsible stock and switch out the endplates.  Look for one of the Lower Assembly guides in the "Information" section or the tacked thread by FALARAK in the "Build it Yourself" section and reverse the steps for stock installation.

+1...

The only tool you will need is a collapsible stock spanner wrench (+/- $3).  You may have some difficulty if the nut is staked in place...  but it can be overcome.

- AG
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's wrong with the bolt-on adapters? Both of my M4's have the GG&G Agency adapters. They only take a couple of minutes to install and no downsides that I've found.

The bolt ons are fine. I run one. But so far they are only available in the QD variety.

If you run an HK hook you need an adaptor. Some don't like the way the QD swivels. And, when installed, most of the bolt ons prevent you from closing the stock all the way. They also tend to be much more expensive then the simple end plate adaptors.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies all.   Just a couple more questions if i may...
If I go with the end cap replacement, should I apply moly grease to the threads when re-assembling?   Also, for those with the bolt ons, do they actually tighten against the threads of the tube and if so, have you noticed any damage?

Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag because I have ben thinking thinking of doing this too, the more I read the more I keep thinking about bolt on's. But the HK snaps will not work with bold on's? do the make an adaptor ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips__m.htm#installing_a_collapsible_stock

Crap, can't link directly to it.

Scroll down just a little to the 9th topic - Installing a collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been looking for a bolt on with the HK hooks as well to no avail. I have only seen the slotted models.    Edited to add, I see that MI does indeed carry a bolt on for the HK style hook Link

Thanks for the link Backstop!   For those with them, what is your 'bolt on adapter of choice'?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top