Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 2:51:49 AM EST
I just received my second order of Magpul Ranger plates (from a different dealer also) and I noticed a difference. The first batch I bought a month ago came packed loose (in a ziplock bag) with no paperwork. The second batch I received came in a sealed bag with a Magpul label/placard inside. Hmmm, I says.

I took one of the older ones off a magazine and compared the two. The metal plates on the older one are shorter front to back and appear to be carbon steel (re: slight rust). The new ones I got 2 days ago are longer and appear to be stainless steel.

Did I get a pre-production batch the first time? Anyone else noticed this?

Industry folks - any comments?

M590 Man
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:01:45 AM EST
M590man, you should give Richard @ MagPul a call. He doesn't frequent the forums that often (he's a very busy man...seriously.) You can get his phone # off his website, MagPul.com. He'll be able to tell you what's what.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:21:08 AM EST
Hi Matt_B,

I called Richard at Magpul. The first ones I got were the first batch they made and were sold at the Shot Show in bulk (hence the different) packaging. The second ones are newer with a revised metal plate (slightly larger to assure full seating of the pul).

Thanks for the advice!

M590man
Top Top