Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:33:07 PM EDT
I built a AR with a Model 1 parts kit and a recent one with all RRA parts, and the trigger pull and action on the RRA rifle is way smoother. The trigger pull feels 100% smoother to me.

Has anyone else had a noticable difference in parts kits and overall feel of a rifle?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:12:33 PM EDT
Heck yeah, even the finish and shapes are different between some of the parts kits I have seen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:18:22 PM EDT
I've had good and bad trigger pulls, and names on some would make you think it was something different.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:00 PM EDT
I've noticed differences between LPKs from different brands, sometimes even within the same brand.

Mostly noticeable would be the finish, the trigger guard, and hammer/trigger.

Finish: some are blued, some are parkerized.

Trigger guard: Some are cast, some are milled, some are plastic(way to go bushy).

Hammer trigger: noticeable difference it cast molds.

As for trigger pull, it varies, sometimes you get lucky and have a nice pull, most are average.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:01:44 AM EDT
I've had "name brand" stuff that wasn't really what I expected,
and "off brand" stuff that surprised me...

just keep a good balance!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
I've been happy with the RRA LPKs I've bought except for one trigger.

The LPK that is in my Middy had a forge lip, or csating lip on the face of the trigger. I had to dremel it off to get it somewhat smooth. I decided to keep going and de-burr the rest of the trigger surface too. If you look at the first image of the first page of the picture thread, you'll see that my trigger looks blinged out. That's why. It is all bare steel.
It hasn't rusted at all, though and I did that a couple months ago.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:11 AM EDT
Just last night I got out my RCBS trigger scale and measured the trigger pull on my 8 AR15s. (Something to do.)

The results are as follows:

5 1/4# - Factory Bushy Varminter

8+# - 1 Factory A2 and 2 Factory A3s. The scale only goes to 8#. These all went past 8 to about 9#.

7 – 7 5/8 # - 4 stripped lowers that were built on Bushy and Eagle lowers with CMT/Stag PLKs.

Comments:

All fire control groups are exactly as they came either from the factory or directly out of the kit. No modifications or polishing.

The Bushy Varminter has the factory 2 stage trigger. I actually thought that the pull was much less than 5 1/4#. I haven’t adjusted it yet. It still has some creep.

The 3 other factory Bushy triggers feel very heavy. I wasn’t surprised to seem them max the scale.

The 4 CMT/Stag builds felt much lighter than the 7 – 7 5/8 #. I was surprised that they were that heavy.

I like the feel of the 4 CMT/Stag builds the best for a non-two stage trigger.

viator
Top Top