Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2003 9:21:46 AM EDT
From what I've been able to gather from recent posts and searches, the RRA and Colt 9mm uppers are mechanically very similar?  I was thinking of buying an Oly Arms 9mm upper (because of the Glock mag adaptor) but the ability to use standard Sten mags in the RRA might swing me.  Any suggestions on where to look for more info?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW,,,I belive theres a adaptor block out there to use unmodified sten mags in Oly uppers as well.........There use in Colt/RRA style uppers needs some mods(see tack at top of page)........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Like the Colt system, the RRA is set-up to use either modified Uzi or the Colt SMG mags.  The RRA mag block is identical to the Colt, except for the prancing pony.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The RRA and ASA is identical to the Colt patterned upper/feeding.

The only real noticable difference is the $400 price difference between the Colt made upper and the RRA/ASA made upper assembly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all.  I'm really keen to use Sten mags, I have many already.  If you fellas had to buy a 9mm upper with FA use and Sten mags in mind, which would it be?  I have a lathe and mill and can handle quarterbore's sten mag adaptor machining but would prefer a one-piece (drop in from above) magwell adaptor for the Sten mags.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:23:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Be kinda intereting to somebody run a cutter in the Hy-Tech block, and use it for Sten Mags. Cut a new ramp and re-drill the cross pin hole to hold the ramp in the block.

Refer to the thread tacked at top of page, some access to pics might still be there. I copied most of the pics to keep.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top