Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/5/2003 8:21:46 AM EST
From what I've been able to gather from recent posts and searches, the RRA and Colt 9mm uppers are mechanically very similar? I was thinking of buying an Oly Arms 9mm upper (because of the Glock mag adaptor) but the ability to use standard Sten mags in the RRA might swing me. Any suggestions on where to look for more info?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:26:54 AM EST
FWIW,,,I belive theres a adaptor block out there to use unmodified sten mags in Oly uppers as well.........There use in Colt/RRA style uppers needs some mods(see tack at top of page)........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:41:18 PM EST
Like the Colt system, the RRA is set-up to use either modified Uzi or the Colt SMG mags. The RRA mag block is identical to the Colt, except for the prancing pony. Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:55:43 PM EST
The RRA and ASA is identical to the Colt patterned upper/feeding. The only real noticable difference is the $400 price difference between the Colt made upper and the RRA/ASA made upper assembly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:09:43 AM EST
Thanks all. I'm really keen to use Sten mags, I have many already. If you fellas had to buy a 9mm upper with FA use and Sten mags in mind, which would it be? I have a lathe and mill and can handle quarterbore's sten mag adaptor machining but would prefer a one-piece (drop in from above) magwell adaptor for the Sten mags.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:23:31 AM EST
Be kinda intereting to somebody run a cutter in the Hy-Tech block, and use it for Sten Mags. Cut a new ramp and re-drill the cross pin hole to hold the ramp in the block. Refer to the thread tacked at top of page, some access to pics might still be there. I copied most of the pics to keep.
Top Top