Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:03:54 AM EDT
Can anyone explain the difference to me between a "pre-ban" stripped lower and a "ban" version? Thanks much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#1]
For people in MO, there is no difference.  For people trapped in communist states, it means that the receiver is either a pre Sept 1994 production or post Sept 1994 receiver.  It allows people to have all the evil features (preban)or limited features (postban).
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man, I just wondered if collapsible stocks were under the banned items or not. I thought it was just folders.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks man, I just wondered if collapsible stocks were under the banned items or not. I thought it was just folders.

Collapsable stocks, flash hiders, bayonet lugs, removable mags and pistol grips.  Those are the evil features.  You can have any, but not more than, two of the banned features on a post ban weapon.  That's why postban guns didn't have flash hiders, bayonet lugs or collapsable stocks, because, by default, the weapon already has a removable magazine and a pistol grip.  

It was an exercise of how ignorant  (luckily so, in a way) our politicians were when making this useless law.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya man, I'm just more knowledgealbe of pistols.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top