Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
Anyone know if there's a difference between an enhanced firing pin for 7.62x39 vs 5.45x39?

My 5.45x39 AR has a standard firing pin, protrusion isn't as great as either of my 7.62x39 ARs. Was placing an order with Black Rifle Arms and decided to throw an enhanced pin on the order and noticed they carry both 7.62x39 enhanced pins and 5.45x39 enhanced pins. I decided to try their 5.45 pin, just curious if anyone knows if there's a real difference?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.
Several places I have seen the extended/enhanced firing pins say they're the same while other have said not interchangeable.
IDK really.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
No difference, although their website shows two different part #s the enhanced firing pin came in a bag marked '7.62x39 and 5.45x39 enhanced firing pin'. Side by side with both a Model 1 enhanced and a PSA enhanced firing pin they're all identical in specs, tip to shoulder is the same. Paid $20 for the Model 1 years ago, the BRA was $12. PSA only asks $8 for theirs off their site but my local PSA doesn't carry them in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top