Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:46:35 AM EDT
I was wondering which one of these MOA's is best for CQB and distance shooting at the same time.  I know the EOTECHs have a 1 MOA dot and the Aimpoints have a 2 MOA and 4 MOA dot but I am confused about this subject.  Which dot is better to have?  Please help.  Thanks  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I depends. I like the EOTech 1MOA dot for longer distance, but the 65MOA ring allows me to shoot quickly CQB.

Bigger dot = easier to see and faster to acquire.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was wondering which one of these MOA's is best for CQB and distance shooting at the same time.  I know the EOTECHs have a 1 MOA dot and the Aimpoints have a 2 MOA and 4 MOA dot but I am confused about this subject.  Which dot is better to have?  Please help.  Thankshr

The Eotech and the Aipoint 2MOA are better overall optics.  The Aimpoint 4MOA is best for CQB.  If you plan on getting the magnifier also, get the eotech or the Aimpoint 2MOA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The difference between 1, 2 and 4 MOA is the size of the dot. At 100yds a 1MOA dot covers about 1 inch of the target, a 2 MOA dot covers about 2 inches, and a 4 MOA dot covers about 4 inches.

As far as which is better, good luck with that one as they are all very good. I prefer the 4MOA dot because at 100 yds it's not too big for a body shot, and for anything less it's about perfect. I do not think either the Eotech or the Aimpoint are precision optics, so I don't expect them to be. They are what they are, CQB optics.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The difference between 1, 2 and 4 MOA is the size of the dot. At 100yds a 1MOA dot covers about 1 inch of the target, a 2 MOA dot covers about 2 inches, and a 4 MOA dot covers about 4 inches.

As far as which is better, good luck with that one as they are all very good. I prefer the 4MOA dot because at 100 yds it's not too big for a body shot, and for anything less it's about perfect. I do not think either the Eotech or the Aimpoint are precision optics, so I don't expect them to be. They are what they are, CQB optics.

+1
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top