Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ah, it looks like that's all a one piece reflex can mount.

Oh! I get it. It's because the collar goes all the way up to the base of the flash hider. That's cool.
View Quote

yessir.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy Canada Day to fellow Diemaco Colt Canada collectors!
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thought I would add a picture or two

C8 CQB......

Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]

These have been out for a while, but I decided to finally jump on the bandwagon.  Unfortunately, my favourite shop for these sort of things, SFRC, was long sold out.  Nordic Marksman has these, but they charge a lot more for them, and the best deal around still was with S&J Hardware.

Looked great at a quick glance, but that receiver looked pretty new compared to the rest of the upper assembly.

There's clearly wear on the charging handle, barrel, hand guard, FSB and flash hider, so how the hell did the receiver stay so clean?

The thing looked practically new.  And what's the deal with the forward assist retaining pin?  Why's it sticking out like that?

Top of the carry handle looked like it was never touched.

The front end looks like it's seen some contact.

I pull out the BCG to look for the "D" mark as promised, however none was to be seen.  Instead, I see an "E" mark.  WTF.

I have no idea how to tell if the charging handle was made by Diemaco, but it has quite a bit of wear compared to the inside of the receiver.  Now, I'm not complaining about the wear because I knew ahead of time when I purchased this that it was a surplus upper and probably beat to hell.  I just found it odd the receiver looked so clean.

That does not look like a Diemaco "D" marked BCG.

I pull out my authentic Diemaco BCG for comparison and I can tell already, these are not the same.  The staking is clearly visible from the side on the Diemaco BCG.

More visible from the top.

The one that came with the upper says MPC, but the Diemaco one reads MPD 4329.

There was a T scratched into the one that came with the upper.

I'm 99% sure this is a Diemaco FSB, but maybe any experts can chime in here.

The barrel has the "D" mark at least.

The inside of the receiver doesn't appear to have ever been used.

So, I'm guessing this upper was cerakoted at one point.  I'm just curious if they came like this from the agency that surplussed them or if S&J Hardware took them apart and did this.

There's the pin again for the forward assist.  Anyway, I've contacted S&J Hardware and find out what's going on with my order.  I'm not super concerned about the cerakote job, but I am not at all happy about the BCG they subbed in.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like they refurbished it to me.  That upper looks new but does have the D, so correct.  I would try to exchange the BCG and call it good.  Wear in that upper at the range!

ETA: I don't know if the CH is supposed to be marked. @Leg or Rebelrouser might know more about it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like they refurbished it to me.  That upper looks new but does have the D, so correct.  I would try to exchange the BCG and call it good.  Wear in that upper at the range!

ETA: I don't know if the CH is supposed to be marked. @Leg or Rebelrouser might know more about it.
View Quote
Yeah, I wasn't concerned about the refurb receiver, just curious more than anything.  You're absolutely right about wearing in the upper to match the rest of it :)

I do want the "D" marked BCG though so let's hope S&J comes through.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Slapped a spare CC lower onto it to see how it would look.

I actually want to get a Colt USA lower for it and do a Blackhawk Down clone.

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Some more Diemaco goodness .... Very happy with this one!

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Fixed it for you

Link Posted: 8/10/2018 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol, you a Weapons Tech, or best friends with one?

J/K,  I had no idea there were surplus C7 uppers.  That's an awesome C7 clone.  Before my time though.

When I joined, our unit still had the all black, fixed stock C7A1 but soon after went to the A2s.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Where the hell did you get a C7 upper?

Mister Donut. There are no markings on the cocking handle so hard to tell if the real deal. They do tend to look rougher than commercial ones and Diemaco stuff in general appears slightly grey when compared to black anodized parts.  I’ve never seen the E on the BCG, strange. Bolt is Colt.

Edit:  I do believe that most of these C8s were given to police agencies by the CF and they’re now being surplused as they “upgrade”. I wonder if the BCG is a police armourer replacement?  Still no idea of the manufacturer though.

I looked at my cocking handle and it looks very similar to yours with the grind lines and trapezoid shape. I don’t have a lot of experience with commercial or Colt stuff but my Armalite cocking handle has perfectly flat surfaces with 90 degree back. Almost like it wasn’t a forging.  Every cocking handle I’ve used in the CF is similar to what you have so no reason to think that it’s not the real deal.

Your FSB has the same markings as mine. I’ve never paid too much attention to the markings on the ones at work. Just look where the Front post sits. US rifles will have the arrow that points left and “UP” below it. Canadian rifles only have the arrow. Wouldn’t want to set off the Francos.

Are you sure the upper has been ceracoated and isn’t just new?  Either scenario seems a little odd. If you were going to refinish why not do the whole upper?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
MPD marked bolt and D marked BCG. Have a couple of them.

But have also seen MPC marked bolts on Diemaco carriers. Anyone know the significance of the etched letter “T” ?

What else would you like to see?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where the hell did you get a C7 upper?

Mister Donut. There are no markings on the cocking handle so hard to tell if the real deal. They do tend to look rougher than commercial ones and Diemaco stuff in general appears slightly grey when compared to black anodized parts.  I’ve never seen the E on the BCG, strange. Bolt is Colt.

Edit:  I do believe that most of these C8s were given to police agencies by the CF and they’re now being surplused as they “upgrade”. I wonder if the BCG is a police armourer replacement?  Still no idea of the manufacturer though.

I looked at my cocking handle and it looks very similar to yours with the grind lines and trapezoid shape. I don’t have a lot of experience with commercial or Colt stuff but my Armalite cocking handle has perfectly flat surfaces with 90 degree back. Almost like it wasn’t a forging.  Every cocking handle I’ve used in the CF is similar to what you have so no reason to think that it’s not the real deal.

Your FSB has the same markings as mine. I’ve never paid too much attention to the markings on the ones at work. Just look where the Front post sits. US rifles will have the arrow that points left and “UP” below it. Canadian rifles only have the arrow. Wouldn’t want to set off the Francos.

Are you sure the upper has been ceracoated and isn’t just new?  Either scenario seems a little odd. If you were going to refinish why not do the whole upper?
View Quote
Yeah, not a big deal about the cocking handle, for me, most of them are about as generic as A2 grips.  I’ve seen some badly made ones (NEA/BCL and Norinco), but most seem decent and about the same quality.

There wasn’t a lot of info on the source of these Surplus C8 uppers, just that they were surplus.

Lol, I remember the deal with the arrows and “up” being not bilingual.  I don’t speak French, but it would have been nice to see the commemorative Colt Canada/Diemaco models with bilingual roll marks, just like our C7s and C8s.

Yeah, I really don’t know if the upper is new or cerakoted.  It looks like there’s a bit of over-run from paint cerakote on the inside of the receiver, but I’m not familiar with cerakote.  I thought receivers were anodized, but were the older ones painted/cerakoted?  Either way, it looks shiny and new, completely untouched inside by a cocking handle, BCG and the gas tube doesn’t have any carbon on it.  The barrel, flash hider, delta ring, charging handle, and BCG show some nice wear though, so I have no idea.  I contacted Simon from S&J Hardware about it, but I have yet to hear back.

In the meantime, I did the unthinkable and turned my C8 upper into a Blackhawk Down 723 clone, lol!

*Ducks from the flying bricks thrown by CF members who actually used these C8s*
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh no. If you replace the tail cap with just a pressure pad it will still be CF correct as that’s the same setup we used on Roto 0 OP ATHENA in ‘03. Of course we wouldn’t have gotten away with the paint job, except for maybe Recce Pl.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Hi, I'm new to Forum/The website. Found this thread and thought I'd post my beginnings of a collection and clone project.

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Where are you guys (Americans) getting these Diemaco parts?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think Nordic Marksman and SFRC will ship certain items like furniture kits to the US.

These guys appear to operate in the US and lists the surplus Diemaco C8 uppers on their site:

https://www.clickarmory.com/gun-parts/ar-parts/lower-upper-kits/diemaco-c8-upper-receiver-14-5-surplus/
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hi, I'm new to Forum/The website. Found this thread and thought I'd post my beginnings of a collection and clone project.
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg563/Jarbob116/IMG_5979_zpstuffcqw7.jpg?t=1534195884
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg563/Jarbob116/IMG_5980_zpsjjbvkawy.jpg
View Quote
Nice set of furniture there btw, they're getting pricy, even up here.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I got my Green Furniture and Ambi Charging Handle from a shop in Calgary. I saw it on there website and called them. Then proceeded to order it from them, it was $$$$$. My Diemaco Tri-ad I got on ebay from a guy in Canada and I got the one BUIS on ebay from a guy in the Netherlands. Both of those I got for quite cheap.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Typically, licensed retailers are not allowed to ship Colt, Diemaco, and Colt Canada parts. It is a Colt HQ policy over it's American and Canadian divisions to not have market cannibalization. Elucidate put it best and I probably couldn't say it better myself. He says that, "this is so that they wouldn't damage each others ability to answer military contracts and so that the issues with one country wouldn't affect the other (Colt USA bankruptcy vs Colt Canada being healthy for example)."

Not to mention that some parts, mostly receivers, bolts, and barrels are un-importable. It is a combination of a Colt/Colt Canada market deal and ATF import regulations that is enforced by ITAR.

Other than the receivers, bolts, and barrels, you can import Diemaco parts but a retailer can't directly ship to you. I got lucky on some occasions and some retailers still sent Diemaco parts to me over the border, despite them signing the market agreement.

But if you got some buddies on the inside however...

Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think Nordic Marksman and SFRC will ship certain items like furniture kits to the US.

These guys appear to operate in the US and lists the surplus Diemaco C8 uppers on their site:

https://www.clickarmory.com/gun-parts/ar-parts/lower-upper-kits/diemaco-c8-upper-receiver-14-5-surplus/
View Quote
Don't get me wrong, I kinda got really giddy at the idea of a surplus C8 upper, but I am skeptical. There is no way the ATF would allow that upper in the country through official channels. Colt themselves barely got to get some Diemaco barrels in the US. Most of them are on the Colt LMGs. Am I wrong? (I hope so.)

I think I'll contact them and see...
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]

That's an impressive collection, wow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Did any LSW barrels end up on the greymarket?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Rebel Rouser has an LSW upper from the USMC IAR trials.  I have seen a couple of the shaved A2 uppers surface from older LSWs, normally minus the barrel.

Relatively certain that LWRC was using Diemaco hammer forged barrels at one point but it could have been for military/LE customers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm on the hunt for a set of green furniture for my BCM C8 SFW rifle. Grip, stock, and carbine length handguard. If anyone is looking to sell or knows where to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm on the hunt for a set of green furniture for my BCM C8 SFW rifle. Grip, stock, and carbine length handguard. If anyone is looking to sell or knows where to go.
View Quote
Tonys customs has all three.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Typically, licensed retailers are not allowed to ship Colt, Diemaco, and Colt Canada parts. It is a Colt HQ policy over it's American and Canadian divisions to not have market cannibalization. Elucidate put it best and I probably couldn't say it better myself. He says that, "this is so that they wouldn't damage each others ability to answer military contracts and so that the issues with one country wouldn't affect the other (Colt USA bankruptcy vs Colt Canada being healthy for example)."

Not to mention that some parts, mostly receivers, bolts, and barrels are un-importable. It is a combination of a Colt/Colt Canada market deal and ATF import regulations that is enforced by ITAR.

Other than the receivers, bolts, and barrels, you can import Diemaco parts but a retailer can't directly ship to you. I got lucky on some occasions and some retailers still sent Diemaco parts to me over the border, despite them signing the market agreement.

But if you got some buddies on the inside however...

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/4112784b6ec86b750829342e24e51126/5BFA4C6C/t51.2885-15/e35/35575352_430640587406553_7198904567268900864_n.jpg
View Quote
While Colt's internal policy might be different, Everything except the serial numbered lower and barrel are importable to the US. Depending on the value / items/ play it safe, you just need a form 6 (import permit). The ATF import branch will approve an import permit for individuals, if not for resale.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very reasonable prices too. Thanks

Also looking for a Tri Rail Mount from BCM
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Very reasonable prices too. Thanks

Also looking for a Tri Rail Mount from BCM
View Quote
Out of production? I've been looking for quite a while.

There are airsoft versions that seem fairly sturdy... I wouldn't be mounting anything on it anyway
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Out of production? I've been looking for quite a while.

There are airsoft versions that seem fairly sturdy... I wouldn't be mounting anything on it anyway
View Quote
Not sure. I'm on the notify when back in stock list, and have a WTB in the EE. I only found out about it the other day when I decided to make a clone out of the BCM C8 SFW upper I have. Don't really want to resort to an Airsoft part yet.

It's a real bummer it's so hard to get Canadian gun parts here in the states. Half tempted to make a trip across the border next time I'm in NY.

J/K Mr. ATF man.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not sure. I'm on the notify when back in stock list, and have a WTB in the EE. I only found out about it the other day when I decided to make a clone out of the BCM C8 SFW upper I have. Don't really want to resort to an Airsoft part yet.

It's a real bummer it's so hard to get Canadian gun parts here in the states. Half tempted to make a trip across the border next time I'm in NY.

J/K Mr. ATF man.
View Quote
Lol, we have the same problem....ITARD.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I had a Magpul trigger guard which wasn't clone correct so I finally replaced it with the factory Colt Canada one.....any excuse to pollute this and other threads with photo spam :)

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Now you just need the right sling plate. I think GG&G makes a similar facsimile.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Here is my meager contribution. I found a stripped diemaco upper, and assembled this post 9-11 upper. The rail is dated 17-October-11 which happens to fall on my birthday. Another side note, the upper includes my wife's and my initails. The D in diemaco and a for anchor are our first initials, and h for Harvey for our last initial. D&A H.I thought that was cool. any how, not a Canadian build, but it is a very plausible m4cqbr clone.

Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Now you just need the right sling plate. I think GG&G makes a similar facsimile.
View Quote
Lol, I just picked it up from DS Tactical a few days ago :)
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#38]
*Dupe*
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#39]
For those interested the Taiwanese T91 front sight post is a very close match for the Diemaco front sight posts and is available cheap from time to time at t91tactical.com

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I did a KevinB C7CT clone in .224 valkyrie, shoots to 1035yds wonderfully. I have had a mark 4 on it, and the wacky grip and stock. its currently in an A2 and m16a2 grip setup with a Nikon M Tactical 3-12.

you cant get the .936 gb or barrel so i used a bison .750 and chopped an A2 fsb down. i love this thing. Always wanted a CT!

past iterations:

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I want that lower.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Does anyone have any pictures of this ugly bastard in any Canadian services or agencies? "In the wild"

Is it possible to find a TRI-AD II mount?

I've also never seen any clones besides airsoft.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Been collecting parts for this build for a while now, and and I'm still not quite there yet, but I am close so I figured I'd post about it.

Pics of this CANSOFCOM Colt Canada IUR surfaced a while ago and really inspired me to try and build a clone of it.

It's a Danish over run surplus C8 IUR with the grenade launcher lug milled off and a 10.5" barrel swapped in.  The problem is, even with the Allen Engineering extender on the 10.5" barrel, it's still not right, so I'll have to dump the 10.5" barrel and extender for the correct 11.5" barrel with Allen Engineering sleeve.  Anyway, this is what I have for now:

As you can see, my 10.5" barrel is still too short (The SAS IUR uppers are even shorter at 10")

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#45]

With my other Colt Canada rifles

With my Mk18 clones

From left to right, BHD clone, Mk18 Mod 0, Mk18 Block II, CANSOFCOM clone.

I haven't bothered painting it yet because I don't even have the right barrel for it yet.  Will definitely paint it up eventually to look like the rifle that inspired the build.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]
So then these pics popped up:

So what was I to do?  I made the mistake of visiting my pal at CTCS and he happened to have one of those Maxim stocks on his shelf......@$%&*#@!

So off came the Magpul stock and buffer tube....

And into the spare parts bin for a future build...

Still deciding if I like it or not, and which clone look to go after.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Terrible idea going to the good stores, happens everytime I go to Wolverine...

Looks like they're using Magpul sling loops on the uppers in front of the optic.

Just saying
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Terrible idea going to the good stores, happens everytime I go to Wolverine...

Looks like they're using Magpul sling loops on the uppers in front of the optic.

Just saying
View Quote
Shit, now I'll have to get one of those......
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#49]
(Redacted)
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/3R9G6lN.jpg

Does anyone have any pictures of this ugly bastard in any Canadian services or agencies? "In the wild"

Is it possible to find a TRI-AD II mount?

I've also never seen any clones besides airsoft.
View Quote
I can’t seem to find any. That’s an interesting build. Where does one get that kind of handguard?
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top