Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2005 8:49:14 PM EDT
I had one of these on order and expected to get it for about $100 less than the $927 it ended up costing me (it'll be here this week).  That is supposed to be dealer cost + 10% +3% credit card fee.  Sound about right to you guys or did I pay too much?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Well Bushmaster lists MSRP at $1035. So I personally would say you did ok!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of buffer system do these use?

Also, are the bolts and carriers AR series or still unique to the Carbon series...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No sense in having buyers remorse now Bud. As long as you are happy with it, don't matter if you paid too much or not. Shoot it and have fun!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What kind of buffer system do these use?

Also, are the bolts and carriers AR series or still unique to the Carbon series...

They have a proprietary buffer, spring, spring guide rod in the tube and carrier.  Not sure about the bolts.  I've never owned an AR other than these to compare it to.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No sense in having buyers remorse now Bud. As long as you are happy with it, don't matter if you paid too much or not. Shoot it and have fun!

Good point.  It'll be here in a couple days and I'll be stoked.  I expected the price to be lower based on what I can get a type 21S for.  After my post I found a source that was $50 cheaper.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The bolt is the same.  The carrier is shortened and closed at the end, but I understand that a stardard carrier CAN be cut down and work, I'm just waiting for SOMEBODY to PLEASE tell me what the Overall Length of the Carbon 15 bolt carrier is?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The bolt is the same.  The carrier is shortened and closed at the end, but I understand that a stardard carrier CAN be cut down and work, I'm just waiting for SOMEBODY to PLEASE tell me what the Overall Length of the Carbon 15 bolt carrier is?

Looks to be 5 and 1/16 inches.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top