Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2004 5:31:00 PM EST
Well, I've been saving my pennies for a while now for a bull barrelled varminter. I finally decided to go the RRA route, with their 20" model. Went to a gun show Sunday, and found a dealer with two, a 18" and 20" take your pick for $750 plus tax. i just couldn't turn it down. So the more I inspect my new baby, the more I realize that it isn't exactly like the ones RRA advertises. It has a knurled, vented handguard, and a Double Star 1/10 barrel. I'm guessing he sold me a RRA lower with a Double Star upper, which is NOT what was on the tag, and NOT what he said. So, tell me, what would you do? Is Double Star reputable? I want an accurate rifle, and I don't think too much of "mixed" uppers and lowers. No offense to anyone who does. Should I try to get my money out of the upper and buy RRA? Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:42:54 PM EST
For not getting a factory RRA rifle you got screwed in a sense. No warranty in case something is wrong does not help. The compents themselves have a good reputation.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:57:03 PM EST
They fuck you at the drive through!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:06:33 PM EST
Take it back. If you had it to do over again, would you have paid $750 for a RRA lower and a noname upper? Nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:22:00 PM EST
Don't know anything about the RRA varmint rigs so I won't comment on that, although I do have a full RRA M4 carbine that I just got, and I like it so far.

If you aren't happy with the rifle, I would approach the dealer you bought it from and *kindly* suggest to him that you would like a refund as the rifle "wasn't what you thought it was".

If that doesn't work, then I would start less politely letting him know that you feel he cheated you and demand a refund. Be polite but firm.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I would check to see if your credit card company can get involved, if you paid with plastic. They will sometimes get involved in these disputes.

Good luck.
Top Top