Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 5:11:44 PM EDT
Found a pristine, factory fired only Colt Sporter Match HBAR. It has what looks like a factory installed M60 bipod on it. I wanted to pick your guys brains and see if the M60 bipod was a factory accessory or if someone has added it. The flash hider shows no obvious signs of being removed to install a bipod but someone could have just been careful so ? Been so long since I have seen a nice dark gray factory A2 rifle that Im just thinking I am going to go buy it and figure out the bipod issue later. Rifle is new but no box. Looks like a blue label to me as it has a fenced but not drilled lower, large double screw takedown pin and shaved bayo lug. Serial # in the MH040XXX range. Im cash poor right now but I feel I cannot pass this one up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure they had a M60 looking bipod and adapter option at one time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure they had a M60 looking bipod and adapter option at one time.
View Quote

Thanks, I think im gonna go back any buy it. It will haunt me if I wait a couple days and its gone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Looks almost identical to that one. I just bought it so either way its mine now. The only difference I see is this one has the lower with the fence around the mag release instead of the slab side lower. I will post some pics later when I get back home. Looking forward to reading through the linked post to learn more about this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a couple quick pics, I will take more tomorrow when the light is better. Upon closer inspection, it appears the M60 bipod is factory installed. There is a collar that limits rotation of the barrel in the bipod and this collar is very accurately and neatly pinned on the barrel. Sure looks factory anyway.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Now that's cool.

IIRC They produced a model like that but I thought it was just marketed as an open bolt LMG.

Tag for info.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen or heard of a factory model with the bipod (though with Colt, anything is possible).. But Colt did make a factory gun like that. 741 and 941 (flattop) IIRC.. The uppers started to surface on gunbroker about 5ish years ago.

As the A2 uppers were from the "grey" Sporter era, I would surmise that someone put one of the uppers on a Colt Hbar lower. I did a similar project.

The barrel profile on the Sporter HBARs, and the Colt 741s were identical.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a no-brainer to me!
Sweet find!
Don't know what you paid ,but it looks worth your money!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice find. It is the Colt model 741. Here's a picture in the catalog.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#10]
That's a cool find.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Very cool!  IM sent with a question
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top