Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/12/2018 12:19:06 AM EDT
I may have a fake EOTech.

4 weeks ago yesterday I ordered an EXPS3-0TAN from an online retailer I will allow to remain unnamed for the time being. The showed the optic as being in stock on their page at the time I placed the order an I was charged immediately upon placing the order.

One week after I made the order I contacted the company I ordered from inquiring as to why my optic hadn't shipped and they informed me that they were out of stock and were unable to get my optic until their supplier got them again which could take some time. When I asked for my money back, they told me I would have to pay an 8% refund fee. This fee would amount to about $50 because they sold me something they didn't even have. I told them that at was absurd and they could deal with AMEX.

As soon as AMEX contacted them they said they would find me an optic as soon as possible. They did, and I received the optic a few days ago, but something has me worried. It's the sticker on the housing that seems strange. All of my past EOTechs, my friends EOTechs, and all fo the EOTechs I see on the internet have a different sticker. Those stickers say "Class II" laser, yet mine has a warning sticker for a "Class I" laser (less powerful).

Does anyone have this sticker on their EOTech? Or should I call AMEX back and let them know this company sent me a fake.

Here's an image of my EOTech.

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:50:43 AM EDT
Quick Image search for that model shows the sticker just saying Laser possible eye damage with Class II below the possible eye damage. Nothing with the Class x Laser above the warning like you pic.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:53:34 AM EDT

First post, so no idea if this pic will show up. Both of my EOTechs were bought from optics planet. Bad pic, but the one on the right has a sticker that looks just like yours.
-Hop
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:55:15 AM EDT
Email Eotech with the SN and ask them
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:59:55 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Email Eotech with the SN and ask them
View Quote
Best course of action IMO. If the reticle has the normal laser light swimming dots, you have nothing to worry about. All the fakes are LED illuminated reflex sights.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:20:13 AM EDT
Post a pic of the reticle. Both stickers are legit.

Or if you don't want to post a reticle pic, like the poster above me said just turn on the reticle and make it sort of dim. If the 65 MOA ring is made of small dots then it is indeed a laser hologram, and is legit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:48:13 AM EDT
These are the best shots of the reticle I could get. It looks like a laser and not an LED, but I'd still appreciate some info from the hive.

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 2:45:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2018 2:46:31 AM EDT by bigbryce31186]
Pic of the one I bought from Midway USA. As said before, call EOTech and talk to them.

Link Posted: 4/12/2018 6:38:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:24:22 AM EDT
Your EXPS looks real to me. I have one just like yours (purchased from authorized eotech dealer)
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:38:30 AM EDT
Reputable dealer = nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:47:18 AM EDT
Email EOtech...looks legit to me though...EOtech has changed some of their decals over the last year I believe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:51:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ronjohnbb:
These are the best shots of the reticle I could get. It looks like a laser and not an LED, but I'd still appreciate some info from the hive.

https://i.imgur.com/VErPR7g.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6N2iCZq.jpg
View Quote
slightly grainy signature holographic eotech reticle
looks real to me

The airsoft ones have a smooth, reflected looking reticle
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:08:49 PM EDT
Its real OP. Reticle is as it should be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 6:17:32 PM EDT
So OP was it from Ebay?
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 1:14:34 PM EDT
Easiest way to tell: look for laser speckle around the edges of the reticle. If you can’t tell, focus directly on the reticle. See if it dissolves into rays rather than just being smudgy when you focus on it. Rays = laser.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 5:17:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 5:25:19 PM EDT by Shrektpeeson]
Did it come with the nice plastic box, manual, and product registration card? Just from the pictures, it definitely appears legit. It should also have some other stickers on the bottom such as one that shows manufacture or inspection date.

I bought an exps2 about a month ago from a reputable dealer and it has the same class I sticker as you. It was made in February 2018 (via bottom sticker), which leads me to believe that the very new Eotechs have that particular sticker. If yours was made very recently, this may confirm my belief.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 8:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/13/2018 8:33:10 PM EDT by ronjohnbb]
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
So OP was it from Ebay?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
So OP was it from Ebay?
It was purchased from OptiscsandAmmo.com. Their site showed in stock, but when I contacted them after a week they let me know it wasn't in stock, and he wouldn't be able to get them for quite a while. When I asked for my money back he told me I would have to pay an 8% refund fee. That was unacceptable. There is no way in hell I was going to pay almost $50 because they were selling merchandise they didn't have and couldn't even get in a reasonable amount of time. I contacted American Express and filed a fraud claim. Once he heard from them he emailed me begging me to cancel the chargeback and said he would order one from another retailer. The retailer he ordered one from was Imperial Industrial Supply. I am not familiar with them at all.

Originally Posted By Shrektpeeson:
Did it come with the nice plastic box, manual, and product registration card? Just from the pictures, it definitely appears legit. It should also have some other stickers on the bottom such as one that shows manufacture or inspection date.

I bought an exps2 about a month ago from a reputable dealer and it has the same class I sticker as you. It was made in February 2018 (via bottom sticker), which leads me to believe that the very new Eotechs have that particular sticker. If yours was made very recently, this may confirm my belief.
It did come with the all the things you mentioned. It was inspected on 06/10/2017 according to the box, but there is no manufacture or inspection sticker on the bottom of the optic itself.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:34:11 PM EDT
real
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:07:39 PM EDT
It's legit
Top Top