Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:06 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has had the liberty of trying the diamondhead BUIS yet?

From what I have read about them it is a nice concept and seems like a good step in the right direction of making the use of BUIS even easier.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:36:57 PM EDT
Looks interesting but then again it seems they just replaced circles with squares. I'd really have to see the sight picture for myself,
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:43:31 PM EDT
They had a small article in the LEO magazine Guns and Weapons with atleast one view of how they look and line up together.

They seem reasonably priced from their website as far as I can tell, just trying to find someone that may have had an opportunity to try them out first hand.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:49:03 PM EDT

Interesting.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:28 PM EDT
I got them and like them. They are a slight improvement, but nothing huge. I can get groups slightly better using them at 50 and 100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:02:56 AM EDT
i have the front diamondhead––i like the shape ––pointing to the center...

build quality is very good - just as good as troy
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:59:37 AM EDT
It seems to be a love/hate thing. This set up works for some and not others. I would STRONGLY recommend putting eyes-on the Diamond before committing.

I've had no problems with regular irons on man-sized targets to 300m. I find that I aquire center faster with the Diamond.
Right now, I run a Troy DOA rear and a Diamondhead front. But, with these aging eyes, these sight are for BACK-up only.
HTH
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:15:02 AM EDT
Thanks for all the imput I am happy with my MBUS right now just saw the new product and thought I would get some opinions.

Plan on another build upon return from Afghan and starting the wish list of things to put on the new build.
Top Top