Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:06:51 PM EDT
Looking to stay all iron on my new DDM4 V7; Anyone ever run diamondhead sights or have any info?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to stay all iron on my new DDM4 V7; Anyone ever run diamondhead sights or have any info?
Thanks

Can't say much more than I like them and they work.  For me, easier to line up than standard sights.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking to pic up their offset sights but can't find them for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Can't say much more than I like them and they work.  For me, easier to line up than standard sights.

this.

Also very good quality. You can get the rears in a standard round apature as well as the diamond apature. I like the way the diamond rear quickly lines up with their front sight.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

this.

Also very good quality. You can get the rears in a standard round apature as well as the diamond apature. I like the way the diamond rear quickly lines up with their front sight.

The diamond apature looked like a great idea.  May pair it with the tritium front. Thank you for the feedback.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I had them for awhile and thought they were awesome, I ended up selling them as a pair for $200 to fund a acog
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand how anyone that knows how a peep-sight works would be taken in by this gimmick.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't understand how anyone that knows how a peep-sight works would be taken in by this gimmick.

give 'ema try. They are quick and clear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Keith_J explained peep sights in another thread about Diamondhead sights and burst my bubble. Having said that, I have run them since they first came out. I have "old" eyes and whether it's the placebo effect or what, they work for me. I've found them to be faster on threat and very accurate. They are mounted on my patrol/entry rifle. Every gun I get I at least put a DH rear on it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Every person I have ever heard extolling the virtues of these sights talks about far-sightedness, or finding them easier to line up. That's not how peep sights work. IMHO, people who do this are using the peep sight as they would the blade sight on an AK. In other words, they are doing it wrong.

If you ignore the rear sight and focus on the post, the eye will naturally center itself in the peep. I am 43 and becoming quite far sighted. I lose focus at about 18 inches now, and I have no problem using peep sights.

When I taught my kids to shoot, I told them to look through the hole, and point the post where they wanted the bullet to hit, and they are both very good shots. I never said a word about centering the post in the peep, or sight picture at all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top