Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 6:59:53 PM EDT
I want to get a complete set of cleaning gear for my SPR. Looks like Dewey and Bore Tech are the best 2 company's going for cleaning gear. I query the board for which company's product is superior and or more geared towards the AR system.

Thanks, DD out!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are certainly adequate.

BoreTech’s cleaning rods are a bit nicer than Dewey’s, but are rather pricey.

Other parts such as jags are pretty much comparable
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with Dewey. I wanted to try some BH so I called Tommy at Georgia Precision because he has a good price on that ammo(GPSS, www.georgiaprecision.com)while ordereing the ammo we talked about cleaning supplies and he sold me a Dewey, and one of his bore guides and all the other stuff you need. He is very knowlegable and easy to talk with, I would suggest you get in touch with him. The bore guide works real nice and I suggest you get one, I keep my guns clean - they get up in the morning clean and they go to bed at night clean.

Regards,
Steve
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bore Tech rods and patches only. Did not like the male end on the Dewey.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... Did not like the male end on the Dewey.
View Quote

Agreed!

However, Dewey does make a couple of rods specifically for service rifles that have the traditional female end.

Still, the BoreTech rod really does feel like a well-made piece of equipment.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top