Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 1:02:07 PM EDT
How are A3 carry handles supposed to be mounted onto the flattop?  Do we slide it all the way back and then tighten the nuts or are we supposed to line them up from so that it's straight (where the front of the carry handle and reciever meets)?

Or is either way okay with negligible affects on accuracy?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
right wrong or indifferent I slide mine all the way to the front
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
All the way  forward works for me
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
So you slide them all the way forward then tighten the nuts?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

NO, absolutely NOT!!!!

You tighten the nuts ALL THE WAY, then and only then do you slide the carry handle forward
Sorry to be a smart ass, just couldn't help myself  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I line up the carry handle and receiver so they are flush.  Probably doesn't matter how you do it.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Some mount forward or aft. I mount so the bolt shaft is in the middle on the slot. That way it does not mar the edges of the slot. Now you have three differnt replies. Confused yet?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Theres bolts on them?!

*GlobalFear hides the supergule
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine has the most repeatable zero when slid all the way back......and then tighten.   Just mount and dismount a few times and shoot a few groups to see which works best for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

For best results I like to slide it back & forward several times with my nuts just kinda hanging loose.

But I gota agree with cycobushmasters advice
"Just mount and dismount a few times and shoot a few groups to see which works best for you."
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#11]
lol, you guys are morons

nah, i don't mind you guys being smartasses every once in a while, makes this forum interesting!

i was just wondering if there was a "correct" way to place the carry handle.  placing them all the way back does seem to make more sense, but i guess, like you guys say, whatever works for you.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a slide it all the way forward with the nuts loose kinda guy.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
While somewhat on topic, I have a question regarding the rear sights on the carry handle.

My adjustment wheel on the rear says 0-20 in increments of 5 instead of 6/3 or 8/3.  It bottoms out at 0.  Is it ok to just set it at 10 and then zero at 50 yards so I have some leeway to move it up or down for distance?  Then just click up for 25 yards using the wheel on the rear?

This is it bottomed out at 0.
dubisteinspundloch.com/handle/DSCF4827.JPG

This is just so you can see the distance between. 5 clicks apart I believe.
dubisteinspundloch.com/handle/DSCF4829.JPG

This is the 10 I was inquiring about.
dubisteinspundloch.com/handle/DSCF4830.JPG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top