Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2003 12:11:49 AM EDT
Is there any Difference in the detachable A2 carry handles? I have seen several ranging in price from $30 to $80 and they look almost identical. I think some were even the same pictures with a $50 price difference.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, there are those made by reputable companys and then there are those made by the Chinese and and others, which for the most part have NO markings whatsoever on them. These are the $30 ones....

Stick w/ those made by Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, DPMS or RRA.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a $30 one on my flat top that I usally have a scope on, its just for looks really, it spends most of the time in the bag.Its fine and works but misses the finess of my bushy ones.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
the one i have see for $30 is made by Leapers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
How can you tell whether a carry handle is made by a reputable manufacturer or a lousy import, other than the seller telling you it is?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How can you tell whether a carry handle is made by a reputable manufacturer or a lousy import, other than the seller telling you it is?  

Ghost
View Quote

A good start is to look at how the rear sight sits against the alum part, run the sight up and look for excessive side to side movement, also I look for the white teflon washers under the thumbscrews. I had a customer who bought a cheapie the other day and a trijicon rear sight would not screw into the assembly, I sent him a RRA and it worked fine

Robert

www.rbprecision.com
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top