Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:16:11 PM EDT
I'm not new to Ar15/M4's/M16's.  However, I never had a situation like this.  I fired 3 rounds from my magazine, unloaded, and ejected the round in the chamber so I can go forward and check my target.  The round in the chamber had a dent in it from the firing pin.  Of course, my Ar15 is SA only.  Need I worry.  Is this normal?  Slamfire potential (I'm not sure)
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
completely normal.  carry on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
normal - no firing pin block or return spring - pins continues forward until it hits the primer.  No danger - it doesn't have enough enertia to fire the primer itself.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Normal.

+2
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
if it don't,, I'd be checking to see if it's carboned up or gunked up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh My God!!!

What are you trying to do to this guy? Clearly, the ammunition and weapon are both defective and need to be destroyed immediately!!!  Send all ammunition and weapon to me ASAP for proper disposal. Overnight shipping preferred. Do it for the children...

Please IM me and I will send you my contact information.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not new to Ar15/M4's/M16's.  However, I never had a situation like this.  I fired 3 rounds from my magazine, unloaded, and ejected the round in the chamber so I can go forward and check my target.  The round in the chamber had a dent in it from the firing pin.  Of course, my Ar15 is SA only.  Need I worry.  Is this normal?  Slamfire potential (I'm not sure)

That Question comes up all the time

They Should put that in the MANUAL
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Slamfire potential (I'm not sure)

Accidental discharges do occur because of the floating firing pin.  Some have suggested a lighter firing pin,  holding the barrel horizontal or up to reduce the firing pins impact on the primer. Most of the AD's, while chambering, have occurred when the barrel was pointed down. Some people do not let the bolt "slam" forward when charging, they ride it down.  Please understand that this is very rare but it reminds us to keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction, especially when chambering a round at home in the living room!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#10]
NEVER hang on the Charge Handle

If you have a GOOD AR15 then you are fine
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top