Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 6:40:35 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Del Ton uppers and Remington factory loads not functioning reliably?

I got a 16" Del Ton medium contour medium length gas system, complete frmo Delton, new. Put it on a Bushmaster lower. It shoots cheap Winchester ammo fine, but it does not like new in the box, Remington 55 gr, UMC ammo.

With the Remingtons, I average about 2 shots before it jams up and either won't extract all the way, failures to chamber the next round, etc. Not one consistent issue. Switched to some cheap Winchester ammo--fine. Went back to the Remingtons in a different magazine--same problems.

All mags were brand new mags from Dennys with the grey follower.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2007 6:50:57 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
does the BCG go all the way back and attempt to slam a new cartrige in, or does the last fired shell remain in the chamber?

did you lube AR?

its probably ammo related--what kinda Win was it, 5.56 or .223?; break in the AR 1st and see what happens, h/w, it could be that not enough gas is getting into the system (either from the UMC, or from soemthing else), but i'd be willing to bet its a combination of ammo, break in, and lube

Top Top