Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 9/3/2008 2:24:22 PM EDT
I am looking to buy another AR and have found this brand at a good price.

It has a flat top receiver, Del-Ton DTI-15 5.56x45/.223 M4 Carbine Rifle
4140 Chrome Moly Steel, 16" Length, 1x9 Twist, Button Rifled, A2 Flash Hider, Manganese Phosphated, Threaded Muzzle, M4 Government Profile marked "DTI 5.56 Nato 1-9", M4 Feed Ramps.
Upper Receiver:
Forged 7076 T6 Aluminum, A3 Flat Top with white T-Marks, Hard Coat Anodized, Mil-Spec., Ejection Port Cover, Right Hand Ejection.
Lower Receiver:
Forged 7076 T6 Aluminum, Hard Coat Anodized, Mil-Spec, Aluminum Triggerguard, Semi-Auto, Aluminum Mag Catch Button.
Weight: 7.0 lbs Empty
Length: 36.375" Fully Extended, 32.625" Collapsed.

Anybody own one?   Good? Bad?

I already own a couple of Colts, this is for just knocking around, maybe a truck gun.

Thanks All!

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:07:13 PM EDT
Del-Ton is good to go. I've got a couple kits from them, uppers and parts. Everything has been good. Good customer service too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:09:06 PM EDT
I have a Del-Ton 7.62 upper on an L.A.R. lower. As far as I've seen so far its a very well made upper. Quality matches almost every AR I've owned. Me and a friend put 200 rounds of cheap Wolf ammo through it just a few hours ago with no problems at all. I plan to hold onto this one for awhile.

It would make an excellant truck gun. no worries
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:09:33 PM EDT
I have had good dealings with Delton. Tony has been very nice in helping me with product information. In my experiences with him, he's a solid guy running a solid business.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:13:30 PM EDT
bought lots of parts from them,never a problem and always prompt shipping .
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:17:22 PM EDT
Had a complete upper from them a few years ago. Only complaint, I heard later on from a fellow I sold it to was the bolt didn't have forward assist cuts on it. I never noticed when I had it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:24:52 PM EDT
Very good to deal with, never a problem with parts or service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:40:48 PM EDT
Anyone know if they stake properly?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:43:22 PM EDT
A friend of mine blew one up due to bad ammo and they offered to inspect and replace parts at cost

seemed pretty reasonable to me
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:47:44 PM EDT
Good price, good product.  I have used several of their uppers and love them. They actually use Wilson barrels.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:30:21 PM EDT
This Del-Ton M4 was ordered with a 16" M4 5.56 NATO 1-7 chrome lined barrel.

I added a KAC M4 RAS, KAC VFG, Surefire XM951, LMT detachable tactical BUIS, side-mounted sling swivel, and an Aimpoint Comp M2 with a LaRue Tactical M68 mount (LT-150). I bought the Del-Ton M4 as a low-budget AR. After receiving and shooting it, it is anything but low budget. The fit, finish, and performance is that of ARs that cost hundreds more (and I have several of those). Del-Ton is one of the best ARs out there and for a bargain price.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:32:44 PM EDT
GTG
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:46:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By taarobaap:
Anyone know if they stake properly?

My BCG is. CMT makes them. At least the mil-spec ones.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:40:55 PM EDT
Thanks  to all the replies, guess I will pick it up.
When I get it, will try to post a report after firing.
Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:10:32 PM EDT
They're OK..but don't have M4 cuts......  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:36:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
This Del-Ton M4 was ordered with a 16" M4 5.56 NATO 1-7 chrome lined barrel.

i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/jamesrea_08/DSC00578.jpg

i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/jamesrea_08/DSC00568.jpg

I added a KAC M4 RAS, KAC VFG, Surefire XM951, LMT detachable tactical BUIS, side-mounted sling swivel, and an Aimpoint Comp M2 with a LaRue Tactical M68 mount (LT-150). I bought the Del-Ton M4 as a low-budget AR. After receiving and shooting it, it is anything but low budget. The fit, finish, and performance is that of ARs that cost hundreds more (and I have several of those). Del-Ton is one of the best ARs out there and for a bargain price.

Very well said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:36:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigez:

And we all know that a carbine without M4 cuts will explode in your hands.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:54:01 PM EDT

Mine does.

Not sure if it's parked under the fsb though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:25:09 PM EDT
I just got a new Delton kit for 16 inch Hbar carbine.  Other than the fact that they advertise a milspec buffer tube, I can't tell the difference in parts, markings on parts, overall content etc than the last M1sales kit I bought.  Upside of Delton - the CTR was available as a $60 dollar upgrade - good price compared to others or not offerred as at M1sales, other options were very cost competitive, and I got a midlength gas system.  Overall, I'm very pleased with Delton, but I don't know that I'd peg them as a notch above M1sales.  Delton customer service is good, but so has my experience with M1sales been.  
I'd rank both Delton and M1sales above M&A parts, just because I've never been able to quickly navigate their website to id a gun kit I want to buy.  Either I don't understand their site, or the search function is shitty.
Finally, I'm not knocking Delton - I'm happy with the kit, but I've experienced the same level of satisfaction from M1sales  - FWIW, I wouldn't consider a 200 round test with questionable ammo like wolf as any gaurantee of reliability.  I took my most recent M1sales kit to the range a few weeks ago - first 240 rounds of wolf, 100 rounds of brass ammo, no issues.  Took it home, thoroughly cleaned it, lubed etc.  Last trip, 40 rounds brass okay, failure to eject on round 91 of wolf steel case ammo.  A lot of people around here consider their guns to be reliable with wolf if they fire a mag without issues.  I don't.  Having said that, I own a colt, WOA upper gun, SIG 556, 2 M1 sales builds, and a Delton rifle right know, have previously owned Bushmaster, DPMS, OLY in addition to the current guns.  Only one I've ever owned that I'd consider reliabile with wolf is the Sig 556.  lots of folks around here think those same brand guns run great with wolf.  
If you go  the Delton route, go ahead and buy the kit - not a complete rifle.  You'll save a little cash, and understand how the gun works.  You can assemble a lower with a sacrifice mag, a vise, and some punches and a little patience plus some instructions available here.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:22:36 PM EDT
totally pleased with my m4 upper. their customer service dept is absolutely splendid
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:53:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:

And we all know that a carbine without M4 cuts will explode in your hands.

Very True.  Without m4 feedramps it is worthless.  Luckily, I see you can "add" this feature sometimes on the Del-Ton website.... I don't know if a 1/7 twist is available though..so if not--- again worthless....  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:39:02 AM EDT
I put together my Del-ton HB 16" carbine kit on a DPMS stripped lower a few months ago and am very satisfied with it for every purpose I have put it to.  During sighting-in at the range, I put a couple hundred or so rounds through it just to "settle it down" and then tried some 5-shot groups @ 100 yds.  How's 5/8" avg. for five five-shot groups, with one going 3/8" with one flyer (my fault) to 5/8"!  The local prairie dog population is not as enthusiastic, however!  My shooting buddies here in Wyoming were a little miffed when I showed up with an AR-15 @ the prairie dog town, but we soon silenced all criticism!  Del-Ton's service is great and their quality is outstanding.  There are probably other kit sites out there who do as well, but once you've found a winner, why switch?  My next is going to be their varmint rifle which offers several different options including 20" HB.  Good luck with your new rifle and remember, "gun control" is hitting what you're aiming at!  God bless all!  "You want respect, you gotta earn it!" - My Dad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 12:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2008 12:52:57 AM EDT by jrs93accord]

Mine does, but I ordered it that way. For those wanting the upper with M4 feedramps, 1-7 barrel, and various other upgrades, you want to go the the "Barrel Assemblies" prompt and choose "Custom Barrel Assemblies" and then "16"". Then choose the "16" M4 Custom Upper ". If you are wanting to order a complete Del-Ton M4, as I did, just order the upper seperate from the lower. You can save yourself a few $$$ to boot.

Top Top