Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 8:30:42 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about Del Ton AR's?   I was looking at one the other day that was reasonably priced but I don't know anything about the manufacturing of that brand.  Can you help me out?  I have a Bushy A2 now but was looking for one for my wife.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
When I ordered my upper from them, I specifically asked what barrels they use and was told Wilson.  

It appears they just stamp them after they get them.

All said, I'm very happy with it.  Just shot it this past week as a matter-of-fact.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
They'll run fine for a 'fun gun', but from what I've heard they're not the best quality.

You get what you pay for, so don't expect a Colt. (Del-ton doesn't parkerize under the FSB!)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Try search, been beat to death.  Cliff Notes version, buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
As has already been said, buy with confidence.

Don't listen to the guy who said they aren't good quality.  Obviously they don't have the "bells and whistles" of a top-tier gun, but not everyone needs their barrel parked under the FSB.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They'll run fine for a 'fun gun', but from what I've heard they're not the best quality.

You get what you pay for, so don't expect a Colt. (Del-ton doesn't parkerize under the FSB!)

OMG!!!  What are we going to do!!!

Del-ton is newish to selling complete rifles, they have been selling "kits" and parts for a while.

Good stuff, with good prices, with super good people standing behind it.

You should be happy.

With that said their base rifle does not have all the bells and whistles:
- Barrel is not chrome lined, nor is it 4150.
- Stock extension tube is "commercial" and not mil-spec.
- no park under fsb.
- no 1:7 twist.
- bolt is probably not shot peened and MP inspected.

So you have to decide if you can live without these (most can).

- AG
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an upper and lower on order from them as I speak. Spoke to Sarah and she said the order was going to the shop today and will be shipped this afternoon. Looking forward to getting it. I have a Del-Ton built upper on one of my builds right now. It performs very nicely.

This new upper is a 16" M4 1:7 with a chrome lined barrel. The receiver comes with the M4 feedramps. The lower is a complete Del-Ton unit with DPMS LPK and M4 stock. Will have pics up this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG!!!  What are we going to do!!!

Del-ton is newish to selling complete rifles, they have been selling "kits" and parts for a while.

Good stuff, with good prices, with super good people standing behind it.

You should be happy.

With that said their base rifle does not have all the bells and whistles:
- Barrel is not chrome lined, nor is it 4150.
- Stock extension tube is "commercial" and not mil-spec.
- no park under fsb.
- no 1:7 twist.
- bolt is probably not shot peened and MP inspected.

So you have to decide if you can live without these (most can).

- AG

I don't know about their complete rifles, but in the kits you can get them chrome lined and the M4 barrels are available with 1/7 twist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Del Ton is a great company and has great CS and great prices they will take care of you and they stand behind thier products,...Buy with confidence. If they make a mistake they will make it right. Cant go wrong with Del Ton!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all of the info, I'll be sure to check on the chrome linning of the barrel on the one in the shop.
George
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#10]
i love my delton carbine--- and upgrades are the cheapest i've ever seen ($175 for magpul PRS upgrade) etc...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top