Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:31:25 PM EDT
I'm considering a dedicated 9mm AR for home defense (I already have a RRA AR15, Armalite AR10 and a POF 308 lower for a future project).

I want something short and quick to handle with options for a flashlight and/or illuminated optics/laser.  So I'm thinking an A4 w/ collapsible stock and a quad rail.  

The question is, should I buy a true 9mm lower with a 9mm upper, or a regular 223 lower with a magblock and a 9mm upper?

I'm leaning toward a true 9mm lower, becasue I already have the other lowers.  Is there a reason I wouldn't want a dedicated 9mm lower?  I'm considering a RRA, but are there any other makers I should consider?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll probably get more response in the Pistol Cal section, but I say go for the dedicated lower.  Others will say get the .223 lower and mag block, but honestly, how often do you swap uppers around?

I have a dedicated Glock lower from OlyArms and am waiting on paperwork to complete my SBR .40 S&W upper for it.  If you're wanting short, you might want to check out building an SBR.  I really like the Glock lower, since I carry a Glock, my SBR and carry pistol will have interchangeable mags.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top