Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/2/2007 4:26:39 AM EDT
Got to thinking about something while I'm waiting on Ciener kit from Brownell's. Should be here in January. I noticed that there is an alternative. A new upper in 22 long rifle. Twist rate made for the 22 long rifle, the right diameter, etc. Wondered if those BDM mags would work in these different uppers in 22 long rifle? I did notice one from Bushmaster (having many problems) and another with a flat top. I don't know that manufactor. I do read much that the Ciener/ BDM combo are very popular.

Constructive comments about these dedcated 22 uppers and BDM mags would be helpful.

Thanks

GT
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:08:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:16:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GT1:
I noticed that there is an alternative. A new upper in 22 long rifle. Twist rate made for the 22 long rifle, the right diameter, etc. Wondered if those BDM mags would work in these different uppers in 22 long rifle?

Which dedicated upper?

There are at least five different types of .22 conversions, all with different magazines.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:31:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2007 8:32:29 AM EDT by mikeyonthemadone]
See this post:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=352064

It looks like the .22 upper craze is about to take off!! More options, more dealers, more fun!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:36:14 PM EDT
5 different ones with different mags, uhhhh....... did not know this. So educate me on the different ones. What works and what does'nt. It looks like the Ciener works well with the BDM mags but appears (from past listings) to lack the accuracy. This is one of the reasons I was thinking of going with a dedicated upper. It appears there are as many dedicated uppers as conversion kits.?.

GT
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:15:49 PM EDT
Read Jeremy Clough's article in this months SGN. Cover's all this stuff.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:21:26 PM EDT
Then if you want one, pray Ciener can get his new machinery up and running. They are, according to sources, WAY behind on backorders. If you see one, grab it!

Mikey
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:52:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mikeyonthemadone:
Then if you want one, pray Ciener can get his new machinery up and running. They are, according to sources, WAY behind on backorders. If you see one, grab it!

Mikey

+1 Midway had them last week. I was lucky enough to get one. They sold out in less than 24hrs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:07:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

Originally Posted By mikeyonthemadone:
They are, according to sources, WAY behind on backorders. If you see one, grab it!

+1 Midway had them last week. I was lucky enough to get one. They sold out in less than 24hrs.

+ another 1

MidwayUSA has a service where they'll email you when they get a certain item in stock, without you having to commit to a back order. Once you get the email, you'd better quickly.
Top Top