Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2006 3:41:28 AM EDT
It is fairly well known at this point that there is an opportunity to undermine California's assault rifle law by selling "off brand name" lowers to California residents, but I see guys from California searching around for private sales because many dealers refuse to sell to them.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=453685

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266355

The lowers are going to an FFL, not a private individual, so it is pretty clearly legal. I know everyone has a right to refuse to sell to whoever they want, but what is the reason behind this? Ignorance of what's going on? Fear?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182415
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i  would think that it is because no one wants their name associated to just in case a bad situation were to arise.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i  would think that it is because no one wants their name associated to just in case  WHEN a bad situation were to arise.

This is California we are talking about.  It is not going to end well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Theres got to be a better way to distribute these to responsible people.  Not many FFL dealers around here will even touch them.  Its crazy.  The crazy people who use these for dirty deeds would have got them from out of state anyways.  I dunno..hard decision to make.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
IMO - it is not worth the risk to most dealers.  For the few bucks they make off of a stripped lower, the risk of ever having to defend themselves in court is just too high.  

Granted, they might just win the court case, but the fight alone would bankrupt most dealers.  

I saw this very thing happen to my previous GM.  He wound up in court battleing the parent company of his franchise.  He eventually won the case, but it bankrupted his company in the process.  

Also, following the seizure of 219 lowers by Cal DOJ, and the fact that they are being held as "evidence", I'm sure this has other folks concerned....  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top