Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:13:16 AM EDT
At the show yesterday, came upon a vendor w/a couple of Thermolds in day glo orange. Except for the color, they appeared identical to the black ones at my house.

Since the price was right, I picked them up, brought them home, compared them to the black ones I already have, and discovered one other difference.  They have a shoulder built into the top front edge, so they can only be used w/blanks.

Obviously, these pieces are less common than the usual black jobbies, but I'm wondering if they're enough of a collector's item to make them any more valuable then the standard bleck units.  If so, I'd rather sell them and use the bucks to buy something else.  If they're not especially valuable, I'll simply cut the shoulder off the front edge, spray 'em black, and put them in the mag box.

Info/comments anyone?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a comment

I saw these orange ones for sale by CDNN a long time ago during the ban...they were for blanks only and cheaper than the black ones they were selling...like $3.99 or something.   I remembered it was cheap cause i picked up 10 black ones for 4.99 a pop...which was darned cheap even considering today's prices.

Sorry can't comment on collectability  

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just a comment

I saw these orange ones for sale by CDNN a long time ago during the ban...they were for blanks only and cheaper than the black ones they were selling...like $3.99 or something.   I remembered it was cheap cause i picked up 10 black ones for 4.99 a pop...which was darned cheap even considering today's prices.

Sorry can't comment on collectability  

Well, unless I get more info indicating otherwise. I'll probably just go ahead and cut that little block out and use 'em along w/the blackies It's just a real small shelf right at the top edge,  and shouldn't take but a couple of minutes.

$3.99 huh. Well, inflation must have taken over, 'cause they cost me $5 apiece. But then I didn't have to pay CDNN's shipping chges.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
During the peak of the ban it was common the see the orange ones going for $30-35 on the EE because they were an interesting varient.  And yes, people were buying them.

Go ahead and cut or grind out the block.  It's very easy and they work just fine.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top