Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 4:53:46 PM EDT
I posted this in GD and realized that I wont get the replies i'm looking for there.... so here goes

As I was narrowing down my choice of rail system for my soon-to-be bowling pin killer, this company Larue popped up. I hadn't seen much of them but it looks like what I'm looking for, as does the DD 7''.

So what do y'all think? Daniel Defense 7'' or Larue 7''?

Anyone have experience with both?

Thanks for the help guys! I can't seem to be able to make a poll... but y'all are smarter than me with yer learnin books n' stuff.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now the LaRue is supposed to cost less than the Daniel Defense piece.  I am deciding between these two right now.  Already have a the DD 12 on a 20 inch upper and like it alot.  The LaRue piece is supposed to be easier to install and less apt to come apart when you don't want it to (really don't know if this is a problem).  If I remember correctly it is supposed to weigh a little more than the DD piece.

Do a search MSTN has a write up on it in their section.  (LaRue) $264 vs (DD) $300.  I don't think you can go wrong with either of these products.  I am probably going to give the LaRue piece a try if it is not that much heavier.

Hopefully som "experts" will be along here shortly to offer more info.  Is price more of a concern than weight.  It is safe to say that either should stand up to recreational/competition shooting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Price isn't a concern.... I don't have much money to my name, but I'f I'm going to blow $250, I might as well do $300 :)

I'm used to a 20'' HBAR so i really don't know how much a few ounces difference is going to affect me with my new carbine.

I am more concerned with quality, toughness, etc.   Yes, it is recreational, but I want the bang for the buck... ya with me?  

- BUCC_Guy

Thanks for the input... glad you like your 12''!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Have a LaRue 7.0 inbound. Heard nothing but good things about them from more than one dealer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Issue 1. Ease of install. Winner - LaRue.
Issue 2. Light weight. Winner - DD.
Issue 3. Cost. Winner - LaRue.

I had mine installed and money was not a factor so I went with the DD. I wanted to save as much weight off the front of the rifle as I could. Although I have not personally seen a LaRue, I would put the worksmanship of my DD 7.0 rail against anything.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
larue
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Knight's Armament RAS

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
see sig line
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty even split :)

Has anyone had problems with either?  Shortcomings they didn't expect?  Any play between the unit itself and the upper?

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Has anyone had problems with either?  Shortcomings they didn't expect?  Any play between the unit itself and the upper?

- BUCC_Guy

my DD 7.0 is rock solid.

Also, how is it easier to install?  Both requires the same amount of steps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BUCC_Guy

my DD 7.0 is rock solid.

Apparently the DD requires removal of FSP, if im not mistaken.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BUCC_Guy

my DD 7.0 is rock solid.

Apparently the DD requires removal of FSP, if im not mistaken.

- BUCC_Guy

it does, and so does the Larue
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Both requires the removal of the FSB but only the LaRue has an anti-roll/locking system that prevents your barrel/HG nut from backing off.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#13]
You guys are seriously slacking off lately...

Buy both!

If not then buy a SIR
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top