Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/7/2003 12:22:18 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster superlight with the stubby stock, and I want to get a Daniel Defense Burnsed Loop for attaching a single-point sling. DD offers the loops in A1 and A2 versions, and I'm not sure which one I need. I believe the stubby stock uses an A1-type screw to attach the stock to the buffer tube, but is otherwise just a shortened version of the A2 stock.

The Burnsed Loops can be seen here:
http://www.danieldefense.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 12:58:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:58:27 AM EDT
I have the same set up w/ the DD Sling loop & A2 buttplate. It dose need the A1 length & it fits well. I purchased mine from Grant, good guy. -Justin
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:32:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Park: I have a Bushmaster superlight with the stubby stock, and I want to get a Daniel Defense Burnsed Loop for attaching a single-point sling. DD offers the loops in A1 and A2 versions, and I'm not sure which one I need. I believe the stubby stock uses an A1-type screw to attach the stock to the buffer tube, but is otherwise just a shortened version of the A2 stock. http://www.danieldefense.com/
View Quote
I did the same thing, and yep the A1 is the right size screw. Start working on taking off the bushmaster butplate now, both screws on mine were on with red Loctite. Tried to heat it up to break it loose, but had to clamp it in a vise and use a screwdriver bit in a long-handled socket wrench. I used the CQB Solutions HST sling, but that requires you to unthread the buckle to get it off the adapter/stock. I'd go with the MOUT version with a detachable buckle if I did it again. YMMV. Email me if you want to see a picture of the setup.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2003 4:47:02 PM EDT by David_Park]
Thanks for the help. I ordered A1 version from C4iGrant, so hopefully that will get here soon. I'm going to use the Wilderness single-point sling (like the HST) because it's simpler than the MOUT, and I only have one carbine so I won't need to switch between multiple weapons. I can rubber-band the sling to the buttstock to keep it out of the way when not using it. Thanks for mentioning the red Loctite. I already tried to loosen the screws with no luck, so I'll try harder. [:)] Edit: I just got out my "stubby" screwdriver (4.5" handle and only 1.75" blade) and removed both the screws. The sling swivel, which I had struggled with earlier, was on with red Loctite, but the buffer screw only had blue Loctite. I definitely need to get the A2 buttplate like ICU; there's a lot of room in there!
Top Top