Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2009 10:25:48 PM EDT
If I ever come across money, I was thinking on picking up a Daniel Defense FF railed handguard (xtended 10") for a 16" carbine.

I see DD has 2 different types of 10" rails, the Mid-Xtended and the Lite version.

Which is best and why.  Pricewise, they are within a few dollars of each other so that is no factor.

I sure there is some install differences but the only real difference I see is that with the Lite version, the rail is continuous with flat top upper (no gap).

DD 10" Lite Rail

DD 10" Mid-Xtended
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
M4 rail is a tiny bit lighter than the Lite.

Both are quality rails.

I prefer the Lite for its continuous top rail.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I know you need a special DD tool for the Lite rail.  Do you need a special tool for the M4 10.0 rail?  I am leaning toward the M4 10.0 rail over the Lite rail.  Can the rail itself easily remove for cleaning on the M4 10.0?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just use the CAR stock wrench to install the Lite rail. Barrel nut get a little scarred, but I've installed and removed it probably 8-10 times now, and it's probably good for one more.

Why would you need to clean anything under the rail?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just use the CAR stock wrench to install the Lite rail. Barrel nut get a little scarred, but I've installed and removed it probably 8-10 times now, and it's probably good for one more.

Why would you need to clean anything under the rail?
I use a $6 dollar RRA CAR stock wrench as well. I did have to file down one of the tabs on the wrench but only slightly to get all three tabs to engage the DD barrel nut. I never had any issues with this install. If it were me, I would go with the DD Lite Rail. I think the attachment method is bomb proof and the rail is absolutely beautiful. I think the DD Lite rail is based off of the DD RIS II rail that was chosen by SOCOM to replace the KAC rails but that info. may not all be 100% correct. I think I remember seeing this info posted by those in the know.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I had been looking at the Omega 7 rail, but with the price difference, it would make sense for me to go straight with the free float model. For yours listed choices, I prefer the Lite as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had been looking at the Omega 7 rail, but with the price difference, it would make sense for me to go straight with the free float model. For yours listed choices, I prefer the Lite as well.

Omega is a FF.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top