Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:09:29 PM EDT
I don't know what to build. I want an M4 sumthing...but I've always like the old-school Commandos, then a nice precision varmint rifle'd be nice too. Argh.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:21:12 PM EDT
make a recce precision and m4ish all in one
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:22:19 PM EDT
Mid-length with a Sabre Defence 1/7 gov't profile barrel.

Shoots like a dream.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:11:37 PM EDT
Get Both!

You will eventually anyway. . . .
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:08:59 PM EDT
Have a midlength RRA want another middy. Thinking Sabre Defence...

But that's just me.

You could always get both...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:09:09 AM EDT
Well, that's the problem with AR's... there are soo many "flavors" to choose from. You might as well face it, your gonna end up with one of each before it's all said and done.

I wanted a M-4ish type, but then thought of a CAR type, no wait, a light weight would be nice, damn those short SS bull barrels look good too....

Soooo............

Well, then I thought of the "Varmint" or "Long Range" versions, but wait, the camo looks cool too.

Soooo...........

This AR thing is worse than CRACK!! I just check th EE often and pick stuff up here and there. The only affordable way to get various AR's if your a "working man" like me is to build em one at a time. Over the years, I have finally neared the end.... NAW!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:59:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brahmzy:
I don't know what to build. I want an M4 sumthing...but I've always like the old-school Commandos, then a nice precision varmint rifle'd be nice too. Argh.
img379.imageshack.us/img379/3534/megalower1s6dd.jpg

precision varmint .......blaaaaa!

Join the retro group and build a nice carbine!

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
I have a bad feeling about this. I bought 3 MEGA lowers almost a year ago and haven't built any of 'em up yet. I had to buy some other guns first, hehe. I have this feeling I'm going to be turning them all into very rifles and my wife's going to be turning me into hamburger. I think I want to do the ol' Commando first. Is DPMS pretty much the only way to go for the upper?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:58:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:

Shoots like a dream.

WIZZO

What kinda groups ya gettin?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT by OG10807]
after you build that lower into a complete working rifle.

Do yourself a favor and buy about 4-5 more lowers, then set your checkbook on fire.eta: i vote 16" lightweight flat-top
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

Shoots like a dream.

WIZZO

I haven't run many rounds through it yet (120-140ish; bought all the parts, left no money for ammo) and the rounds I did run through it were mostly Wolf 62gr.

I got a .75 center-to-center group while zeroing the EOTech at 50yds sitting with the Wolf 62gr.

I don't know when I'll be able to get out and get some more ammo again. It's killing me. I want to run a case through this sucker ASAP, but I'll be damned if college sucks every penny out of you.

I'll be able to afford a case or two of ammo within a month, so I'll make sure to fully break it in then.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:43:06 PM EDT
I'm sure that whatever you choose will be a blast, to assemble and to shoot. Have fun.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 9:31:45 PM EDT by Gimme_A_Carbine]
Build the RECCE...or just build them all.

I've had BRD for several years, only 20 now, and it's killing my wallet/checkbook. I've built and sold and kept so many damn ARs...it is like CRACK. I currently have my kickass M4gery, my Middy (first build from scratch), and a Nat'l Match AR. I also have a few stripped lowers laying around upon which I'll probably build a 3gun carbine using my now outdated, but still sweet Jeff Cramblitt handguard tube (ala Mongo)...and maybe SBR the other, (maybe as a 9mm to replace my old one) when I turn 21 next year. But then again, I want to go back to my AR roots and get a couple of complete Colts, like a 6520. When will it end??? I know I have a problem, but I can't contain myself.

ETA: Wizzo, you should get the Army to pay for your tuition...it helps, and you get the AR building money...err, I mean uhhh, stipend. Plus they pay for you to jump out of planes, helos, and run around in the mountains, at least if you play your cards right. Where do you go to school?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:13:11 PM EDT
Sheesh Bow, that's quite a nice collection ya got there. I'm thinkin' there's one of everything I'm thinkin' of in that collection. You get the CRACK addict of the month award. What kinda scopes are those on the right two LRs?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 10:34:20 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
Gimme, I tried. Got a 96 on the ASVAB, was going to be in some infantry unit (aerial assault, or something like that) passed the physical, but had to be taped and measured because I was overwieght for my hieght. I was 6" but 206. I ended up having 18% body fat and passed that hurdle. During the physical, the doctor looked in my ear and asked how long I'd has tubes in my ears. I've had them since I was 22 months old, so they've been there a while and they'd had the paperwork that said so.

In the end, they rejected me because of them. I tried to get a waiver, but it took 9 months for them to reject me again. At least I tried.

I'm going to a community college for 2 years and then I'm gonna transfer down to IL State next year (it'll be my third year, I'm only 19 right now).

Sorry for the hi-jack.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:21:16 AM EDT
Just pick one you'll have them all before its over with
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:30:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brahmzy:
Sheesh Bow, that's quite a nice collection ya got there. I'm thinkin' there's one of everything I'm thinkin' of in that collection. You get the CRACK addict of the month award. What kinda scopes are those on the right two LRs?

Yea, it been a "Work in Progress" building them. I also have a few HBAR's as well. The "Varmint" type rifles have inexpensive Tasco scopes that are 6x24x44 with a fine-crosshair dot, 1/8" adjustments. They were only about $130 but the SS Varminter has performed at the 1/2" MOA mark thus far so, in this case, the cheap scope has done it's job.

Here is a pic that I have posted a few times here on AR15.com of the capabilities of the SS rifle with my handloads:

Here is a better pic that I post often of the SS, better view:

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:33:24 PM EDT

Shoots like a dream.

WIZZO

I haven't run many rounds through it yet (120-140ish; bought all the parts, left no money for ammo) and the rounds I did run through it were mostly Wolf 62gr.

I got a .75 center-to-center group while zeroing the EOTech at 50yds sitting with the Wolf 62gr.

I don't know when I'll be able to get out and get some more ammo again. It's killing me. I want to run a case through this sucker ASAP, but I'll be damned if college sucks every penny out of you.

I'll be able to afford a case or two of ammo within a month, so I'll make sure to fully break it in then.

WIZZO

How about I send you some XM193 so you can see what she'll do?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:39:24 PM EDT

How about I send you some XM193 so you can see what she'll do?

IM inbound.

Thanks.

WIZZO
Top Top