Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/11/2013 3:15:35 PM EST
Did searches in the forum and paged through this sub-forum...: no joy.

Noobie that is trying to learn and not make a ton of stupid moves early on in my initial prep.

I see the D&H / Sabre Tactical 30 Round 5.56 Magazine, available and wonder if it is acceptable?

Is there a 'primer' thread that shows what are good mags and what are not worth the money?

The little bit of internet info I can find on them leans toward them being acceptable.

Thanks in advance.

John
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:21:22 PM EST
Anything with D&H cage code are the good to go. I consider them the best GI mag made. I have over a hundred of them and they have been going for years. Matter of fact most of them are brand new and I just use the same 20-30 that I fill and put in my ammo cans when I go shooting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:55:07 PM EST
Anybody else have and opinions and/or experience?

Here is what the guy wrote in an email to me about D&H:

"They are inferior because they don't have the anti-tilt follower which helps feed the bullet into the chamber much better. There is also a difference on the lip of the magazine that inserts into the rifle. (Makes it much more stable and durable).

In regards to how bad are the D&H on a scale of a 1-10 they would probably be a 3 or 4. Tan followers would be a 9."

So, is what he writes true?

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:02:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 2:09:19 PM EST by cjwwd2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R3drid3r:
Anybody else have and opinions and/or experience?

Here is what the guy wrote in an email to me about D&H:

"They are inferior because they don't have the anti-tilt follower which helps feed the bullet into the chamber much better. There is also a difference on the lip of the magazine that inserts into the rifle. (Makes it much more stable and durable).

In regards to how bad are the D&H on a scale of a 1-10 they would probably be a 3 or 4. Tan followers would be a 9."

So, is what he writes true?

Thanks,

John
View Quote

How do you know this guy? He makes them sound like junk when are definitely not.

Most of the newer D&H mags DO have the magpul anti-tilt follower. You can still buy them with the green GI follower and they are still great, high-quality magazines.

Buy some of these (they are made by D&H): http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MA-02DSGB.aspx
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:36:28 PM EST
Colt/NHMTG/Okay or D&H for metal.
Pmags or Lancers for polymer.

All are GTG (IMHO)

44mag.com has the best prices I've found for NHMTG mags

DSGarms had some good deals on pmags and D&H.

Keep an eye on the magazine deal thread here for any current sales.
Top Top