Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2013 5:21:23 PM EDT

I've been using D&H mags in my ARs for a few years and with all the madness going on these days (getting better) I figured I'd do a review of what I've found so far.

Pros:
-Standard USGI dimensions so they will work in any rifle that accepts USGI mags
-I've never had a malfunction related to these mags; they've been as reliable as any mag I've ever used
-6061-T6 aluminum body.  Some models are teflon coated for smoother feeding
-All of mine have Magpul anti-tilt followers but even the standard D&H mags feature an anti-tilt follower
-Price.  Pre-madness these were going for around $10 a mag if you watched out for the deals.  These days they seem to range from $11-15
-Available in many different colors to match your rifle's color scheme

Cons:
-The only one I can think of is a con that I'd list for any USGI type magazine---they are more prone to denting and feed lip damage than their polymer competitors.

All in all these are great mags and are some of the best USGI type mags on the market.  Here's a review with some shooting, a break down of the magazines, and a discussion of the pros/cons:

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review. I have been buying these mags by the 10 pack for the last year from PSA for storage. Good to hear I'm not wasting my money on junk.

I have been using 5 of them for range time and they have held up great. not one single issue. The other mags stay stored and I do not use them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Good review, we appreciate you doing these.
My results are similar to yours in their limited use.
I have several D&H 10's, 20's (curved 20's) and a few 30's.
My only negative of mine is one  of my 20's seemed to barely spread after being stored loaded for a few years.
This mag requires firm insertion with a firm tap to seat in all my ARs, all the others insert like regular USGI mags- it didn't do this when new.
I marked this mag, it still feeds perfectly and holds rounds fine- it just plumped a little as she got older.

I have no fears using D&H mags, I do still prefer aluminum USGI style mags over polymer.
I have plenty of both- my goto mags are OKay mags.

Good review (again) Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Convenient....I just tested 5 today I got last month.
I'm a pmag guy but bought when I could find at reasonable prices.
Functioned fine. However I noticed that the mag release was much harder to press when loaded. These were all brand new & i could see the metal lines forming from inserting into my lower & ejecting the mag.(wear) I'm sure they will wear in with some use but may not look pretty.
Also these were a PITA to load by hand. The bullet tips kept getting stuck on the front of the mag when loading. I had to keep pushing down & back & tapping the front of the mag to seat the rounds right. They have the tanish anti tilt followers.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top