Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Bad enough they want my Rifles now I have got to hide my camo. [:(]

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have to hide it, it's not very good anyway, is it? [:E]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They are noe saying he has a "machine gun". Yeah right.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
No shit! I would love to see all these "gunmen" melted down to boiling smegma on national TV. Maybe the wouldbe's would think twice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Over the years I have watched anti-gun legislation carefully.  One thing I have noticed, before an important vote, whether national or in key states, there was almost always a high profile shooting tragedy.  For example, the Luby's Cafeteria incident just before the magazine ban vote.

It got to a point where I would put the date of a vote on the calendar and say to my family, "They are voting on this date, how much you want to bet there will be a bad shooting in this week prior."  And I would get no takers.

Strange--we haven't had a "school shooting" incident in quite some time, but now this.

Oh, the New Orleans thing, turned out not to be an AK47, but an SKS.  As I told some of my uninformed friends... no, an SKS is not an "assault weapon".  That the SKS is what the Comblock gave to troops they considered "cannon fodder."  With its 10 round fixed mag, it does not meet the generic definition of "assault weapon."
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Fox News just reported he carried two 9MM pistols, with 10 extra magazines.  The reporter used the term "clips", a term I despise.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
What's wrong with clips?
There's nothing wrong with clips?
How can you despise clips?
Now when you're talking about magazines, I sympathize.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Supposedly the guy used a tec 9 and some sort of unidentified 9mm pistol. All we heard about was how he had "assault weapons" and was "heavily armed." Blah blah blah blah blah. Another point that has been completely ignored, was that the guy was black. And was a former faculty or staff member that had a pending lawsuit against the university thrown out of court.

Another point that really makes one scratch their head, is how it took 7 frigging hours to bring him down. I do not care how "different" the building's architecture is, the guy had on a ballistic nylon vest (without trauma plates) and an old ww2 era helmet. A well trained entry team could get in and put the guy down fairly quickly. The perp also did *not* have the firepower to even slow down a well equipped entry team.

Seven hours is a *long* time, especially when there were people trapped inside that could potentially become casualties. Sounds like a very sloppy almost to the point of negligent job by the local cops.

The media always sensationalize, along with the propaganda they regurgitate every time an incident occurs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#14]
how is it that every person who does not even know a thing about a firearm always say "he was carrying a machine gun around"?  Its just stupid.  They should keep their damn mouths shut and wait for ballistic experts to find out what it is or let someone who actually knows figure it out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Seven hours is a *long* time, especially when there were people trapped inside that could potentially become casualties. Sounds like a very sloppy almost to the point of negligent job by the local cops.
View Quote

Just think 'Columbine'.

I wonder how long 'til fat ass makes a movie about this one...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
 Another point that really makes one scratch their head, is how it took 7 frigging hours to bring him down. I do not care how "different" the building's architecture is, the guy had on a ballistic nylon vest (without trauma plates) and an old ww2 era helmet. A well trained entry team could get in and put the guy down fairly quickly. The perp also did *not* have the firepower to even slow down a well equipped entry team.

View Quote

Not as bad as Columbine though. Gotta wonder how that wussified department justifies its existence.

as for the media: I never cease to be amazed at how they act like they are experts on whatever subjects they are reporting on. The soccer mommies eat it up though. After all, Oprah told them they could trust the media.
The reality is that I rarely see them report on anything technical and get it right.  Better than they used to be, though. Now it only takes weeks to get their info straight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#17]
A well equipped SWAT team does not equal a well trained SWAT team.

Lots of depts fight for funds to start a fancy tactical unit and spend thousands for armor, SMGs, lights, etc and then get told they've only got budget to practice once every other month or some nonsense.

i give kudos to a local LT/SWAT CO who refused his chief's order to send in the team. He stated they were trained and prepared for perimeter security only and requested the state police team to do the entry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Supposedly the guy used a tec 9 and some sort of unidentified 9mm pistol. All we heard about was how he had "assault weapons" and was "heavily armed."
View Quote

Yeah, and lost count of how many times I heard/read that he had a "high powered" rifle.

--Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top