Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 9:36:15 AM EDT by Bilouxi]
I've removed a damaged front sight post from an old Colt Sporter II and need to find a replacement. Anybody know a good place to find a replacement part (preferably Colt mfg)?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:56:17 PM EDT
normally the front sight post are drilled for the pins after they are installed, meaning you would have a hard time finding drilled fsb's that will match with the slots already on your barrel.

what you could do if you really want is send or get a machine shop to do it for you.

a lot of the new fsb's have no holes drilled in them
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:00:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
normally the front sight post are drilled for the pins after they are installed, meaning you would have a hard time finding drilled fsb's that will match with the slots already on your barrel.

what you could do if you really want is send or get a machine shop to do it for you.

a lot of the new fsb's have no holes drilled in them

So how are they attached and held in place? Armalite sent me one after the sunset, it has no holes. How do I put it on? Do I have to have a gunsmith do it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:20:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 5:21:46 PM EDT by Gregory_K]
he needs a fornt sight POST, not a BASE. goto www.sawlesales.com or brownells They both sell COLT.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:05 PM EDT
Haha, nothing that complicated thankfully, the post just got damaged and is pretty simple to remove.
Top Top